If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewData Protection Office
The Product Counsel – Global Data Protection serves as a key leader in developing and maturing the Global Data Protection Product Compliance Program within Motorola Solutions, Inc. (“MSI”). While the Product Counsel will report to the Sr. Director, Global Data Protection – Products, he/she will also work closely and collaboratively with the internal product, engineering, security and business teams to advise on the implementation of privacy and information security measures into new and existing products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advice and counsel to product teams on relevant global privacy and security laws, standards and policies.
- Conduct assessments of new and existing products and services to advise on the privacy and security compliance implications and develop ways to mitigate compliance risks.
- Provide proactive and creative legal guidance to facilitate launch of new and innovative products and services while ensuring all privacy and data protection risks are properly mitigated.
- Serve as data protection subject matter expert in connection with domestic and international sales and legal teams responding to requests for proposals or other customer solicitations.
- Maintain expertise in global data and privacy laws and advise on the impact to MSI as well as implications with respect to compliance activities.
- Provide proactive and creative legal guidance to facilitate launch of new and innovative technologies while ensuring all privacy and data protection risks are properly mitigated.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Develop and provide training to product teams regarding privacy, security and other compliance best practices and obligations.
- Develop internal controls and conduct periodic self-assessments to ensure MSI’s products and services are supporting our customer’s compliance obligations with applicable laws, standards and policies as well as our own
- Legal analysis in connection with data protection impact assessments and records of processing activities.
- Support security and other teams in responding to any data security incident responses.
- Engage with privacy regulators as may be required.
- Provide reports as directed or requested to keep senior management, DPO and other groups informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- General understanding of cloud industry technologies, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Prior experience advising product teams in connection with development and use of artificial intelligence technologies preferred.
- CIPP/US, CIPP/E and CIPM certifications strongly preferred.
- A security certification (CIPM, CISSP, Security +) is desirable.
- Working knowledge of global data and privacy laws and standards, including but not limited to CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, EU directives on electronic commerce, data retention and law enforcement, CPNI (state and federal), NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISO 27001, et seq and ISO 27701, and SOC2 trust criteria.
- Practical yet creative problem-solving approach that emphasizes addressing business needs while protecting companies interests.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Juris Doctorate degree from a top rated ABA accredited law school.
- Active member of a State Bar Association with authorization to practice within the state in which the employee works.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience as an attorney for private law firm and/or as in-house counsel; direct experience advising global product and engineering teams on integrating privacy and security into new and existing products and services.
- CIPP required.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.