Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we are extremely attentive to fraud prevention. We will not be successful unless we maintain and scale out our exceptional fraud monitoring and deterrence processes, keeping would-be fraudsters at bay.
What you'll do
- Research unauthorized loan claims to ensure accurate and appropriate responses to our customers
- Investigate and review FCRA disputes received from credit reporting agencies
- Review chargebacks and compile evidence for the process of representment
- Regularly review suspicious account activities, spot trends and identify links to deter fraud attacks
- Work collaboratively with our Back Office team to resolve incoming customer complaints
- Influence development of risk models and review procedures
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- 1-2 years of queue based fraud review and disputes review experience
- A keen eye for detecting and deterring fraud and risk
- Experience with investigation tools such as: TLO, LexisNexis, Emailage, Ekata, Pipl, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of SQL and some programming language preferred
- SQL/Snowflake experience is a plus
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.