WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands including Priceline, Sprint, RVA Media Group, and The Basement agency.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Legal Department delivers high-quality, efficient legal services across all parts of Centro’s business. We provide business-focused solutions to help drive Centro’s high-growth environment, while appropriately managing potential risk. We’re also fun, positive, and focused on the continual improvement of ourselves and the company.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Reporting into the General Counsel, the Senior Counsel will be a key player in our growing legal team. In addition to supporting general corporate matters, you will be responsible for SEC reporting and corporate governance, provide counsel on mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracting, and have the opportunity to engage in other special projects to support our consistent growth as a company.
You will also contribute by:
- Advising on corporate governance matters, such as annual filings, and board meeting preparation and management
- Provide legal review for earnings press releases, investor presentations, and other public communications and disclosures
- Drafting and assisting with securities filings and related securities matters
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including software subscription agreements, master service agreements, vendor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Supporting merger and acquisition activity
- Assisting with capital raising and debt financing efforts
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues across functions, such as finance, human resources and other stakeholders, to facilitate a coordinated team approach
- Providing general corporate legal support as other issues arise
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- J.D. required
- 4 + years of legal experience at a law firm or corporate in-house position
- Admitted to a State Bar, in good standing, in the United States
- Experience with drafting securities filings and reporting requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels with customers, outside counsel, and internal business partners
- Ability to work independently and exercise business judgment with minimal supervision
- Focus on continual improvement
- Exceptional academic credentials
- Experience working at a SaaS/ Software company
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.