Senior Legal Counsel, Contracts at FOURKITES
Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven start up named 2021 Best Tech Start ups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, US and international, including customer agreements, reseller and referral agreements, vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other general agreements
- Support, review and assist with response to customer RFPs
- Develop strategic relationships with FourKites sales team and other business leaders and engage with business, working closely on drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts.
- Prepare and maintain template agreements for a variety of commercial agreements
- Create and implement policies and procedures and training for contract management and administration
- Support M&A efforts
- 5+ years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements involving licensing intellectual property, technology transactions and privacy ideally with a focus on enterprise software and software as a service
- Strong collaborative skills to collaborate across departments in a culturally diverse, changing and challenging environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, including functioning well in loosely structured situations involving uncertainty or lack of information and being open to and responding flexibly to change
- Ability to interpret and comprehend complex legal documents and ability to convey complex legal issues in clear and concise business terms
- Ability to prioritize work flow, work independently and efficiently
- Strong and effective professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems in a diplomatic, approachable, and practical manner
- J.D. degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school
- Member in good standing of Illinois state bar, or ability to become a member under Illinois’ in-house counsel rules
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.