We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Relativity is seeking a Senior Managing Counsel with 8-12 years of experience. Reporting to the Sr. Director - Legal, this position will work on the Commercial Transactions team to lead negotiations of complex business transactions. As Senior Managing Counsel - Commercial Transactions, you will have a key role in handling our transactions and technology – related legal work, as well as managing and helping to develop more junior attorneys and paralegals. You will be expected to be a leader on the Commercial Transactions team, serving as a key legal advisor to our internal stakeholders, and negotiating transactions with our vendors and customers which include Fortune 500 companies, AM LAW 200 law firms, advisory firms and service providers.
- Draft, review, lead negotiations of sales transactions, with a major emphasis on out-bound software, SaaS and hybrid agreements, for use by commercial and government entities.
- Work on other types of transactions including independent software developer agreements, OEM software agreements, and software development outsourcing agreements.
- Handle requests relating to our agreements and forms and provide advice to varied stakeholders throughout the company, including our sales, product, marketing, education, training and certification teams.
- Oversee and coordinate work of junior attorneys or paralegals working on complex transactions
- Lead and manage other projects, which may include review of export control compliance, legal research, help with our intellectual property program, and integration of newly acquired entities.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in-house or in a law firm, including:
- Trained in and experience with contract negotiations, including commercial contract and services agreements.
- Advising complex and sophisticated organizations, both in support of stakeholders as well as support of customer transactions
- Experience managing more junior attorneys and paralegals, with a focus on resource development and team management.
- Prefer experience with complex B2B software, SaaS and hybrid cloud agreements, master agreements, professional services agreements, and software development agreements, including with vendors, out-bound software developer kit license agreements and in-bound software OEM agreements
- Familiarity with data privacy laws and practices, and obligations relating to data security (including ISO certifications and NIST standards), in a SaaS B2B context involving the security and processing of customer data that may include personal information
- Reasonable understanding of software development, computer technology, SaaS infrastructure and services, and open source communities, and intellectual property concepts and laws
- Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of a larger team
- Law firm and/or in-house experience preferred
- JD degree from an accredited law school and license to practice in the United States
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant technology transaction experience, with focus on drafting and negotiating complex technology transactions and direct management of other legal resources
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.