Morningstar's Legal Department is responsible for providing advice and addressing legal questions and concerns that arise in the course of Morningstar's business operations.
The Legal Department is seeking a paralegal to provide support with respect to a variety of corporate and other matters. This position is based in our Chicago office and reports to Morningstar's Associate General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary.
- Maintain corporate minute books.
- Assist in the preparation of Section 16 filings and support the preparation and filing of '34 Act periodic reports and other securities related filings with the SEC.
- Assist with the administration of the Legal Department's e-billing system and the processing of invoices.
- Assist with the administration of the company's equity compensation plans and ownership policies.
- Assist with the administration of global corporate secretarial program.
- Coordinate signatures, notarizations, and legalization of documents.
- Coordinate annual report filings and franchise tax filings.
- Prepare materials for and assist with the annual shareholders' meeting.
- Assist in preparing portions of the annual proxy statement.
- Assist with the preparation of D&O questionnaires.
- Assist with preparation of board and committee meeting materials.
- Participate in special projects as needed, including litigation, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate strategic initiatives.
- Assist with contract review, tracking and maintenance activities.
- Provide logistical support in responding to subpoenas and other government regulatory requests.
- 7-10+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably with a public company or large law firm.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Paralegal certification is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Illinois corporate law a plus.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity