Senior Privacy Counsel, Video Security & Access Control at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Senior Privacy Counsel, Video Security & Access Control will be a member of the global products counsel team within the Motorola Solutions commercial legal department.
The Senior Privacy Counsel, Video Security & Access Control serves as a key leader in overseeing the legal and compliance function around privacy and data matters within the video security businesses of Motorola Solutions, Inc. (“Motorola Solutions”). Motorola Solutions’ video portfolio includes a variety of video analytics, access control and other security products through a number of leading brands including Avigilon, Pelco, Vigilant, Watchguard and OpenPath. The Senior Privacy Counsel will report to the Global Products Counsel — and also work closely with the Global Data Protection Office, product, engineering, security and business teams — to advise on the implementation of privacy and information security measures into new and existing video and security solutions, which include advanced analytics and AI such as Appearance Search™ and license plate recognition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advice and counsel to product teams and business leaders on relevant global privacy and security laws, standards and policies, including laws around the use of biometrics and artificial intelligence
- Conduct assessments of new and existing products and services to advise on the privacy and security compliance implications and develop ways to mitigate compliance vulnerabilities and risks
- Provide proactive and creative legal guidance to facilitate launch of new and innovative products and services while ensuring all privacy and data protection risks are properly mitigated
- Serve as data protection subject matter expert in connection with domestic and international sales and legal teams responding to requests for proposals or other customer solicitations
- Maintain expertise in global data and privacy laws and advise on the impact to Motorola Solutions and its subsidiaries, as well as implications with respect to compliance activities
- Develop and provide training to product teams regarding privacy, security and other compliance best practices and obligations
- Develop internal controls and conduct periodic self-assessments to ensure the products and services of Motorola Solutions are supporting our customer’s compliance obligations with applicable laws, standards and policies as well as our own
- Support security and other teams in responding to any data security incident responses
- Collaborate with the government affairs team to engage with privacy regulators as may be required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Juris Doctorate degree from a top rated ABA accredited law school
- Active member of a State Bar Association with authorization to practice within the state in which the employee works
- Minimum 7 years of work experience as an attorney for private law firm and/or as in-house counsel; direct experience advising global product and engineering teams on integrating privacy and security into new and existing products and services
- Strong understanding of technology and law, with a general understanding of cloud industry technologies, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Prior experience advising product teams in connection with development and use of biometrics and video technologies preferred
- CIPP/US, CIPP/E and CIPM certifications strongly preferred
- Minimum of a Juris Doctorate and 7+ years of experience
As an employer of 100 or more employees, Motorola Solutions has implemented a policy requiring all U.S. employees reporting to a workplace (anywhere you are performing services on behalf of Motorola Solutions) where other people are present (including coworkers and customers) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by February 9, 2022. Any employees not fully vaccinated by this date will be required to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may apply for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief. Any offer of employment will be contingent on candidate's ability to demonstrate proof of vaccination (unless approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief) or willingness to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.