Dynamics of the Role:
Make an impact using your legal experience to drive decisions for and provide recommendations to an innovative and dynamic public company that is a leader in the global marketplace. You will become a member of an international team of talented, motivated, and hard-working attorneys who are invested in your success. You will work in a fun, positive environment and receive the encouragement, support and training to be successful. You’ll have great opportunities for professional and personal growth.
The Team’s Focus:
The Legal Department is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatory guidance, managing litigation and acquisitions, guiding corporate governance and negotiating key agreements. Active participation in the management of the business helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience in a major law firm or corporation
- Experience with, and strong working knowledge of, the FAR, GSAR and DFARS.
- Experience with handling and negotiating various federal, state and local government contract vehicles and relationships, including GSA schedule contracting and prime/subcontractor arrangements.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making). Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills. Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to manage and turn around a significant and diverse work flow in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment with minimal direct supervision, yet exhibit sound business and legal judgment in seeking guidance and direction from senior attorneys and escalating issues.
- The ability to build and foster relationships with peers, business-side colleagues, and management at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
Impact you’ll make:
- Provide legal assistance and guidance regarding all aspects of ongoing legal and business matters for TransUnion’s Government Information Solutions Group
- Take primary responsibility for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex corporate contracts and related documents in support of TransUnion’s business with U.S Federal, State and Local government customers
- Assess and advise on liabilities, legal restrictions, and risks of proposed commercial and public sector transactions in the U.S. and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business needs
- Provide legal advice related to government (U.S. Federal, State and Local) partner program development, joint RFP responses, GSA schedules and teaming agreements, including the creation of templates and policies
- Understand and advise on TransUnion’s relationship with all public sector customers and channel partners
- Provide advice to stakeholders, including the Chief Legal Officer, regarding changes in the law, including the FARs and DFARs
- Serve as subject matter expert for responses to requests for proposals to public sector entities
- Operate in coordination with, and effectively between, different TransUnion business units, affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Provide training regarding government and public sector contracting and compliance matters to the legal, business, and finance teams.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.