Transactional Paralegal at Enova
About the role:
The transactional paralegal will support the lawyers and paralegals in the transactional at Enova. In particular, the transactional paralegal will be responsible for assisting in corporate governance matters, and maintenance of entity minute books and corporate records. The transactional paralegal will also be given other projects related to contract management, transaction support and vendor due diligence and other ad hoc projects as the attorneys and paralegals may require.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and filing corporate records, drafting consents and resolutions, recording changes in equity ownership, officers and directors, assisting in filing annual reports and other subsidiary management activities;
- Producing documents related to the development and implementation of due diligence responses for vendors and finance partners;
- Providing contract support for standard corporate agreements including NDAs, marketing and independent contractor agreements;
- Assisting in general document management, including maintaining the organization’s document management system;
- Assisting with transaction closings, including obtaining and compiling signature pages, preparing and organizing ancillary documents and providing general transactional support;
- Coordinating and receiving board and committee signatures for documents and materials;
- Assisting in periodic reporting to external financing parties and also as it relates to SEC compliance;
- Preparing certain SEC filings, including corporate filings and Section 16 filings; and
- Drafting secretary certificates and officer’s certificate and related transaction closing deliverables.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (required);
- Possess 3-5+ years of corporate and/or transactional paralegal experience in a mid-to-large law firm or in-house transactional position (public company preferred);
- Are a self-starter, good planner, extremely detail-oriented can meet deadlines without exception and enthusiastic about identifying areas to add value;
- Are flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks;
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel) and Google’s apps and services (e.g., Google Drive, Gmail, Google Documents, Chrome); and
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills; you are able to demonstrate the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.