Manager of Offensive Security
McDonald's new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald's will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald's Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It's bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This role will collaborate closely with cybersecurity experts, market leads, project managers, and Global Technology Solutions teams to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of McDonald's security services. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing and collaborating with the support teams that handle tickets and other operational tasks for McDonald's security services. This person will work closely with others in Global Technology Risk Management and other areas of Global Technology to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, and other stakeholders.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
As a Manager of Offensive Security, you will work in a thriving and robust environment specializing in exploitation assessment and vulnerability and assessment management. You will partner with our Incident Response, Remediation, and Cyber Threat Intelligence teams and leverage current adversarial techniques against the network based on red team and cyber intelligence threat assessments. In this role, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to being inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most challenging situations. We value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience, and self-awareness.
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for the securing of McDonald's information assets at a global level. This role works directly within GTRM, the organization responsible for our Cybersecurity Operations & Incident Response program and critical services, ensuring our leadership makes informed risk-based decisions.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team, and joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that will impact the world. We are customer-obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last several years, we have launched home delivery, radically improved the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay, and have so much more to come. These critical initiatives require an essential capability to identify and close security gaps before a real-world adversary.
- Identify vulnerabilities and exposure within enterprise networks, systems, and applications.
- Lead or enable exploitation operations in support of organizational objectives and target requirements.
- Perform technical (evaluation of technology) and nontechnical (evaluation of people and operations) risk and vulnerability assessments of relevant technology focus areas (e.g., local computing environment, network and infrastructure, enclave boundary, supporting infrastructure, and applications).
- Provide technical documents, incident reports, findings from the analysis, summaries, and other situational awareness information to relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct or support authorized penetration testing on enterprise assets.
- Review the security status of a system (including the effectiveness of security controls) on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations on risk remediation.
- Create and conduct custom tabletop exercises.
- Partner with other teams within GTRM to create new alerts and identify gaps in alerting.
- Analyze Threat Trends to identify indicators of compromise (IOCs).
- Develop scenarios by performing threat hunts and ethical hack tests.
- Perform analysis for target infrastructure exploitation activities.
- Conduct exploitation of wireless computer and digital networks.
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, and effects on system and information.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or other related fields.
- 3+ years experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or other related fields.
- Professional certification such as GCDA or GCPN or OSCP or GXPN or CEH
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models
- Familiarity with exploitation and vulnerability analysis
- Familiarity with threat hunting and red team best practices
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.