Analytics Manager, Integrated Marketing at Root
Root’s Integrated Marketing team is searching for a manager to lead research and analytics into emerging marketing channels. You’ll leverage both your analytical and creative skills to reach untapped audience segments and unlock new areas of growth to build an enduring brand. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with highly talented leaders within data science, actuary, finance, and product teams to help us build a world-class marketing team. This is a high impact role and you’ll manage a marketing budget with significant revenue impact to help Root grow our customer base more efficiently and profitably.
Location: Columbus, OH or remote (U.S. only)
What you'll be doing.
- Lead our integrated marketing analytics to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for large scale marketing.
- Lead a team of marketing analysts to execute a strategy and hit financial targets.
- Collaborate with the team to launch, manage, and optimize customer acquisition campaigns, defining and owning metrics that capture marketing channel performance and identifying insightful trends.
- Identify new channels to scale while executing new targeting strategies to unlock new customer segments.
- Manage assigned vendor relationships by negotiating terms/discounts and securing account support and resources, including industry trends, campaign management, bid strategy diagnostics, and creative reports. You’ll leverage these learnings to drive continual improvement in channel performance.
- Collaborate with the marketing leadership team to ensure that channel-specific objectives complement the holistic performance monthly marketing plan.
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build integrated programs (Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Partnerships).
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years managing analytics including email, campaign and creative, social and new channels for large, performance-oriented digital businesses, either directly or in the role of a service provider.
- Self-motivated with 5+ years of demonstrated success in marketing, web, mobile, or product analytics.
- Proven experience rapidly and efficiently scaling marketing spend in a high-growth environment while onboarding new channels and unlocking new customer segments.
- Deep knowledge of online advertising and ad tech space; robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus).
- In-depth understanding of customer LTV and segmentation.
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority.
- Proficiency with SQL statistical software (required).
- Proficiency with Python (preferred but not required).
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience in insurance and/or a high growth tech company is a plus.