tastytrade, Inc. is a different kind of financial company that empowers individual traders. Founded in 2011 as an online financial network, we quickly grew to include two brokerage firms, an advisory service, a magazine, and a futures exchange. With thinkorswim co-founder Tom Sosnoff at the helm, we take disruption seriously…but we do it with a sense of humor. Our goal is simple: we want people to take control back from Wall St. and to make more money on their own.
We are looking for an ambitious, fearless associate creative director who can hop, skip, and jump across our 7 companies and make it look like child’s play. Our marketing and production teams are small but effective. You will help our creative director write, design, strategize, explore, discover, and entertain through digital advertising, content creation, website design, and brand development.
Do you march to the ding of a different bell? Do you want to inspire people to do extraordinary things with their money? Are you ready to make finance…fun?
You should be able to shift gears between long-term projects, short-term requests, and last-minute challenges. You should be confident in pitching your ideas, whether they are practical or absolutely bonkers. Our company organization is pretty flat, so you should be comfortable working with everyone from designers to developers, from market researchers to our CEOs. Our management won’t breathe down your neck all day, but we will communicate regularly and will be supportive when you need us.
- Supporting the Creative Director in developing concepts, strategies, analysis, and presentations
- Writing and editing site content, ad copy, and video scripts
- Communicating visual concepts to designers
- Designing campaign first looks and site wireframes
- Keeping brands aligned, both within each affiliate and in relation to each other
- Researching markets and platforms to discover opportunities
- Degree in marketing, graphic design or related field
- 5+ years of relevant creative, design, and/or writing experience
- Solid knowledge of marketing, brand, and design principles and development
- A portfolio that demonstrates the above
- Ability to scale ideas up or down according to available resources
- Strong concept and strategy development skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong and quick creative mind
- Ability to shift perspective between big picture and granular details
- Out-of-the-box resourcefulness
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite
- Passion to learn new skills and platforms
- Experience in finance, comedy, or media preferred
- We are a very casual company. No suits, no bull. We are safely working from home now, but we keep it real even at the office.
- We are open-minded. Any ideas are welcome. Got a show concept? Bring it. Think you can improve operations? Pitch it.
- We work hard and fast, but we have fun and don’t burn ourselves out with long, demanding hours.
- Our office will be rambunctious when we return; however we do have quiet spaces for focused retreat.
- When in person again, you will bounce around three locations in the West Loop.
- We participate in Chicago events and charities. Stay connected! Do good things!
- We love our pets and share pictures of them very often.
- Very flexible paid time off
- Top-tier health insurance (for your pets too!)
- 401k with employer matching
- HSA and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance
- Market holidays
- Catered lunches from hot Chicago restaurants (once we’re back in the office)
- Salary commensurate with experience
tastytrade, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. tastytrade, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need