Associate Manager of Sales Enablement at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Sales enablement is a highly collaborative function that is an important driver towards Upwork’s growth and long term success. As an Associate Marketing Manager passionate about sales enablement, you’ll be responsible for the tools, processes, and programs that will help our growing sales team be more effective and contribute value to every customer interaction. You’ll increase marketing’s impact by making sure messaging resonates with customers and is shared with the right audience at the right time. We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, energized by solving problems, and has an analytical and results oriented attitude. This person will join the Upwork marketing team and work closely with our partners in Sales and training.Your Responsibilities:
- Own administration of Upwork’s Sales Enablement tool, Highspot, including day-to-day tasks like onboarding/offboarding users, uploading new and updated content, and curating monthly content reporting and analysis.
- Build and optimize Highspot based on close partnership with Sales and Marketing leadership and feedback from reps and users.
- Construct additional knowledge sharing resources for the sales team, including digital playbooks, customer success stories, how-to training videos, and email templates.
- Improve how sales reps use marketing materials effectively. Build a feedback loop between sales and marketing to improve messaging, asset types, and content mix..
- Streamline communication about new campaigns, collateral, and new product launches and ensure sales has what they need to be successful
- Improve and identify new sales enablement initiatives, including metrics to measure program efficiency.
- 1-2 years of sales or marketing experience, preferably at a B2B company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable speaking publicly in group meetings.
- Enjoys forming relationships and working collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Ability to work and thrive in a diverse, constantly evolving environment!
- Experience in a training, enablement, or operational support role for a customer-facing team like sales or customer support.
- Strong work ethic—willing to roll up sleeves and chip in, regardless of the task
- A natural problem solver -- curious about how things work and how to make it better.
- Thrives working independently and balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical attitude - comfortable using data and insights to inform priorities
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Highspot, Google Suite and SalesLoft a plus!