Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork is used by businesses of all sizes, including 30% of the Fortune 500. Our sales and customer success team are on the front lines, guiding businesses on how to realize value from using flexible talent through Upwork.
Sales enablement is a highly collaborative function that is important to Upwork’s long-term success. As an Associate Marketing Manager focused on sales enablement, you’ll own the tools, processes, and programs that will help our growing sales team be more effective and add value to every customer interaction. You’ll increase the marketing’s impact by making sure messaging resonates with customers and is shared with the right audience at the right time. We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, a problem solver, and results-oriented.
- Build and maintain internal knowledge sharing, customer success stories, and playbooks.
- Improve how sales reps use marketing materials effectively. Build a feedback loop back to sales and marketing to improve messaging.
- Streamline communication about new campaigns, collateral, and new product launches.
- Partner with Sales Learning & Development to create content for buyer/user or solution training.
- Support sales communications via email templates, call scripts, and talking points.
- Support marketing and sales with account-specific campaigns.
- Partner with PR, sales, and content marketing to identify success stories for new customer references.
- Improve and identify new sales enablement programs, including metrics to measure program effectiveness.
How to catch our eye:
- 1-2 years of sales or marketing experience, preferably at a B2B company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenting in group meetings.
- Enjoys building relationships and working collaboratively across multiple departments.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience writing crisp and compelling sales or marketing materials.
- Experience in a training, enablement, or operational support role for a customer-facing team like sales or customer support.
- A natural problem solver -- curious about how things work and how to make it better.
- Thrives working independently and juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.