Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for media relations, executive presentations, and execution on public relations plans. Responsible for being the company representative towards the media. Participates directly with internal business partners. Responsibilities include creating content for social media, press releases, holding statements and research reports, among other things.
- Responsible for writing scripts and advising on content for PR-produced video content; and assigned to oversee the design and updating of the corporate website.
- Conducts social media campaigns and creates routine posts, as well as interprets analytics on platforms used to support public relations.
- Prepares executives for interviews with key media outlets by researching and compiling multi-page Q&A documents using knowledge of media and public relations training.
- Leads research efforts on competitive marketplace conditions, media coverage, and crisis management, among others by doing original research using proprietary vendor tools.
- Coordinates tactical plans with the department’s external Public Relations agency, and acts as a contact with vendor.
- Responsible for starting key strategic PR efforts that support business initiatives, including the launch of new products, new partnerships, events, sponsorships, and promotions. Contributions include writing press releases and creating presentation decks for planning purposes.
- Monitors news outlets for key stories related to Discover and the credit card industry. The vendor sends us all the articles that include Discover for a given time frame, the associate then analyzes the content and distributes the relevant articles to a daily clip population.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, or related field
- 1+ years of experience as Journalist, PR Agency Account Representative, Communications Coordinator, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of as Journalist, PR Agency Account Representative, Communications Coordinator, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of experience as Journalist, PR Agency Account Representative, Communications Coordinator, or related field
- Experience working with company spokespeople and with national, local, trade and social media
- Exceptional communicator with superior writing skills, as well as strong verbal, presentation and editing skills
- Understanding of organizational communications, media and trends to clearly communicate relevant news to key stakeholders
- Adept at communicating in innovative ways and across a wide range of channels and mediums, including print, video, web and social media
#LI-JM1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.