Do you have a knack for being able to take abstract ideas or conversations and put them into words that clearly articulate exactly what you or someone else was hoping to say especially when you are at parties or speaking with colleagues? Did that sentence really bother you? Are you able to quickly identify the core underlying narratives of brands you encounter? Are you still thinking about rewriting that first sentence? If so, we’re going to get along just fine.
One North is looking to add a Brand Strategist to our growing team. With this role, you will be on the front lines of helping our clients clearly articulate a visual and verbal message that resonates with all of their stakeholders while striking fresh ground in the marketplace. As part of our Brand team, you’ll be at the epicenter of every project and connected all of the way through from concept to site, or campaign deployment. We’re looking for detail-oriented creatives and writers who love doing primary and secondary research all day, and who dream of competitive analysis at night. Now stop thinking about that first sentence.
As a Brand Strategist:
- Create deep relationships with our clients in order to maintain alignment to the brand voice and character
- Develop positioning recommendations, guide market research analysis and establish a brand tone that fulfill a client’s objectives
- Incorporate research and analytics into conceptual, creative ideas
- Understand the most important audiences and identify their key motivators
- Identify personnel to interview and consult with to support your brand research
- Craft and execute research endeavors to help understand a client’s market, competitors, trends, character, reputation, etc.
- Extend client insights through a digital brand strategy
- Resourcefully problem solve everyday (extra-ordinary digital experiences on a shoestring – we’ve seen it happen and we’ve done it)
As part of the Brand Team:
- Collaborate on brand-focused projects in addition to daily requirements of content creation
- Must be able to synthesize quickly and deliver ideas and concepts in a clear, client-focused way
- Contribute to One North internal marketing and brand efforts
- Collaborate with both the Strategy and Creative teams in order to produce compelling content that is grounded in the brand
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1-4 years of experience in a brand-specific role, whether internal or within an agency
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably related to marketing or writing/journalism
- An analytical mindset with strong business acumen
- Experience conducting research and competitive market analysis
- Experience conducting user research interviews
- The ability to navigate between collaborating with cross-functional teams, to sitting down, focusing and grinding away autonomously