Chief Marketing Officer
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and the customer experience with ratings and reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
Partnering with the Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will play a critical role in developing strategies to drive growth in recurring revenue and secure PowerReviews’ market position as the world’s leading consumer feedback solution provider.
PowerReviews is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer with an exceptional track record of success building and leading an ROI-focused marketing function (people, process, and infrastructure) and implementing cohesive performance-based marketing programs focused on new customer acquisition and retention. The position reports directly to the CEO.
- 15+ years of relevant B2B technology marketing experience primarily in internet and software companies.
- Proven execution against performance targets in addition to tracking and delivering on key operational metrics (e.g., acquisition, engagement, conversion, return on investment) and effectively managing large budgets.
- Strong expertise in value proposition messaging and positioning, persona development and brand tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, lead, motivate and manage high performance teams.
- Strong data interpretation and analytics skills with deep knowledge of marketing analytics and attribution model development.
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders (e.g. customers, board of directors, analysts).
- Experience managing product marketing, demand generation, and thought leadership/awareness (including, content marketing, public relations).
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree or an MBA is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, and strategic skills.
- Exceptional people/communication skills.
- Data-driven marketer focused on a creative and disciplined marketing organization as well as business outcomes.
- Action-oriented leader with a high sense of urgency and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach.
- High energy, driven, confident (but not arrogant) with the ability to establish instant credibility and rapport across the company.
- Confident, passionate, and “lead by example” leader with a strong track record of establishing, developing, and retaining a high-performing and collaborative marketing team.
- Strong, confident presence with the ability to partner with executives across the business to drive critical initiatives with a level-headed and persistent demeanor.
- Strong track record of consistent career progression and increased responsibilities.
- Comfortable in a nimble, fast-paced environment with an orientation of doing more with less.
- Translate a strategic marketing plan into actionable quarterly targets and initiatives.
- Prioritize marketing initiatives and customer segments that will maximize lead flow and revenue.
- Scale an effective customer acquisition strategy, leveraging a deep expertise of a variety of channels (i.e., digital, content/inbound marketing, event marketing, thought leadership, strategic partnerships, etc.).
- Create and implement a performance-based demand generation strategy that utilizes content, digital, and channel programs.
- Enhance a robust demand generation program (i.e., email, display, SEM) and lead nurturing program as well as implement a lead scoring strategy to drive customer acquisition.
- Create targeted and measurable drip campaigns and other content and communications strategies to build eminence and drive market awareness.
- Develop go-to-market strategy, value proposition, and product marketing strategies that compels prospects to buy and educates the market on the necessity of PowerReviews’ solutions.
Relevant Marketing Disciplines
- Customer Segmentation
- Buyer Journey Mapping
- Message & Positioning
- Growth/Digital Marketing (SEO, SEM, paid marketing, website optimization)
- Product Marketing (slides, one sheeters etc)
- Content Marketing - (white papers, blog posts, research studies)
- Customer Marketing
- Account Based Marketing
- Event Marketing (Trade Shows & Webinars)
- Public Relations
- Database Marketing
- Design & Creative
- Partner Marketing
Key Success Criteria
- Generate Marketing Qualified Leads
- Develop material and content that helps the sales team close sales
- Build brand awareness, identity and equity
- Help build our employer brand
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.