Communications Manager at DFIN (Chicago, IL)
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Reporting to the VP, Communications, this role is key to executing company-wide strategic communications plans. Must be able to lead enterprise-wide projects and initiatives for internal communications, including stakeholder management and coordination of external resources, with ability to reshape content in a manner appropriate for multiple channels.
- Senior-level professional who can help coach, develop, and supervise others
- Serve as liaison between Corporate Communications and IT, Marketing, Operations and related Vendors
- Support strategic planning for major initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of client and customer journey
- Ability to lead through change and fortitude to react quickly to new information
- Drive web and social content operations
- Lead client counseling efforts for communications services
- Foster connections with various constituencies across the company
- Track latest industry trends/best practices and able to introduce concepts into organization
- Continuous improvement, quality assurance and audit of content
- Design and document workflows designed to produce efficient, error-free work
- Ensure that content, once created, moves through all strategic channels seamlessly
- Optimize and repackage content (language, tone, message) based on target audience and channel.
- Regularly copyedit and proofread
- 10+ years in communications with a minimum of 5 years in Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- 10+ years of management/leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Seasoned professional with experience in publishing, content management, and project management
- Exposure to Legal and Financial Industries
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- Ability to execute crisis management
- Ability to influence internal constituents
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable aaccommodation by sending an email to [email protected]