Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
As Senior Manager of Communications, you will serve as a strategic leader on the Global Marketing team, partnering with the Communications Director in managing all external communications for DFIN. You'll craft and implement communication strategies that advance the business, provide strategic communications counsel to leaders, develop a comprehensive thought leadership platform, lead both media relations and social media.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team that is helping shape the future of DFIN and the industry. You'll work closely with the Communications Director to:
- Manage a strategic communication plan for the organization to align communications to business objectives and appropriate audiences. This includes ensuring message consistency and alignment with DFIN's overall Marketing and Communications program and strategic direction.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with internal business partners across DFIN, and collaborate with the Global Marketing team to develop new and innovative communication strategies that drive engagement and action across stakeholders.
- Lead effective media relations by building relationships with key trade and business media outlets / reporters; identify opportunities to garner positive media coverage and work with PR agencies to plan, pitch and target; prepare company spokespeople for media interviews; and develop press releases, talking points and media lists as needed.
- Proactively manage emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business performance and the company's reputation.
- Drive engagement across DFIN's social media channels and shape the influencer strategy, including bloggers and social media influencers.
- Establish a process to effectively measure and communicate the impact of PR activities on company results to internal business partners and executive leadership.
- Develop content (e.g. presentations, videos, white papers, blogs) to drive awareness and understanding around company strategy across stakeholders.
- A storyteller who excels at engaging audiences
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to learn by doing in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work cross-functionally in a virtual team environment
- Agile with the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- A self-directed leader who can manage multiple programs at once
- Tech-savvy with an ability to translate tech-speak to product values and benefits, and ladder those up to our overarching brand mission
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, English, public relations, marketing, or similar relevant experience
- 7-10 years of communications experience (bonus if you have communications experience in the financial industry or at a SaaS company)
- Experience leading communication strategy and planning, reputation and brand management, media relations, and content for both internal and external audience
- Knowledge of media/communications channels across multiple touch points, including social media
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Phenomenal writing skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Creative problem-solving capabilities
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]