Communications Senior Manager at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) delivers risk and compliance solutions that fuse deep industry experience, insightful technologies and unparalleled service. We are powering decisions that shape global markets by providing the right solutions in moments that matter. If you're ready to take bold action, have uncompromising integrity and want to be part of a collective genius come join us at DFIN.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and results driven Senior Manager to join our team, and develop strategic communication programs that enhance the company's reputation with external stakeholders and help drive business objectives.
But enough about us, let's talk about you…
As Senior Manager of Communications, you will serve as a strategic leader on the Global Marketing team, partnering with the Communications Director in managing communications for DFIN across all stakeholders. You'll craft and implement communication strategies that advance the business, provide strategic communications counsel to leaders, develop a comprehensive thought leadership platform, lead both media relations and social media, and drive cultural change through strategic internal communications plans.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team that is helping shape the future of DFIN and the industry. You'll work closely with the Communications Director to:
• Manage a strategic communication plan for the organization to align communications to business objectives and appropriate audiences. This includes ensuring message consistency and alignment with DFIN's overall Marketing and Communications program and strategic direction.
• Cultivate strong working relationships with internal business partners across DFIN, and collaborate with the Global Marketing team to develop new and innovative communication strategies that drive engagement and action across stakeholders.
• Lead effective media relations by identifying opportunities to garner positive media coverage and work with PR agencies to plan, pitch and target; prepare company spokespeople for media interviews; and develop press releases, talking points and media lists as needed.
• Proactively manage emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business performance and the company's reputation.
• Drive engagement across DFIN's social media channels and shape the influencer strategy, including social media influencers.
• Establish a process to effectively measure and communicate the impact of PR activities on company results to internal business partners and executive leadership.
• Develop content (e.g. presentations, videos, white papers, blogs) to drive awareness and understanding around company strategy across stakeholders.
• A storyteller who excels at engaging audiences
• Enthusiastic about the opportunity to learn by doing in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work cross-functionally in a virtual team environment
• Agile with the ability to thrive in ambiguity
• A self-directed leader who can manage multiple programs at once
• Tech-savvy with an ability to translate tech-speak to product values and benefits, and ladder those up to our overarching brand mission
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, English, public relations, marketing, or similar relevant experience
• 7-10 years of communications experience (bonus if you have communications experience in the financial industry or at a SaaS company)
• Experience leading communication strategy and planning, reputation and brand management, media relations, and content for both internal and external audiences
• Knowledge of media/communications channels across multiple touch points, including social media
• Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Phenomenal writing skills with a meticulous eye for detail
• Creative problem-solving capabilities
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]