Communications Specialist at Vivid Seats (Chicago, IL)
Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In's top places to work in 2023, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
Vivid Seats is rapidly growing following a successful IPO in 2021—and has numerous brand advantages to share: a huge selection of events, recently re-launched brand & website/app, and loyalty program that is the only one of its kind in our industry. Our team is seeking a Communications Specialist to help tell our story to press, consumers, and other constituents to keep Vivid Seats top of mind and continue our growth trajectory.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Support the communications team with media monitoring, implementing a regular cadence of reporting and measurement with company and industry audits
- Develop media lists and proactively source new contacts, outlets and opportunities
- Execute consumer campaigns to drive earned placements that map to larger business objectives
- Help develop editorial calendars and propose storylines for appropriate consumer media
- Collaborate with the marketing team and agency partners to contribute to building and executing integrated campaigns
- Write, edit, and proofread communications materials including press releases, speaking opportunity abstracts, fact sheets, and webpages, etc.
- Help coordinate media events, launch parties, senior meetings, and other special events
How your role expectations will progress as a Communications Specialist in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful
- Gain knowledge of company services, learn how ticket marketplaces operate
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values
- Assess media landscape, identify, and provide insight into potential engagement opportunities
- Secure consumer media coverage, confidently engaging with reporters and key stakeholders
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Operate with independence while seeking advice and support when appropriate
- Consistently work to drive brand awareness through proactive and creative earned media relations
- Routinely contribute to team meetings, proactively seek and share creative answers to brand needs
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Support achievement of the company's vision by executing communications plans that meet business objectives
- Take initiative, and play a key role in implementation of media strategy including special event planning and media relations
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a communications or public relations role, at either in-house or at an agency; technology experience a plus
- A strong work ethic, dependability, and a positive professional attitude
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or a related field
- Experience using media monitoring tools like Cision, TrendKite, Signal AI, Google Alerts, MuckRack, etc.
- A proven track record of securing consumer placements across all forms of media.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
- A creative and thoughtful approach to work and a passion for live
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives and equity for all employees; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.
Location: Chicago, IL
We believe in a hybrid working model which provides employees the flexibility to take advantage of in-person and remote collaboration. Check out our brand new HQ office, bursting with the energy of live events fandom and the vibrancy of Chicago’s rising tech scene.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.