We’re looking for a Content Marketer to join our growth marketing team! If you’re looking to be part of a marketing team that’s tackling big problems with creativity and imagination, then this may be the role for you. As marketers, we are especially excited about being data-driven and thinking outside the box and our growth strategy is driven by content. So, we need someone to help us scale and create content to hit our goals.
Okay, but what do we actually do? We are doing something really exciting at Narrative Science; building the future data + analytics. We create software that writes stories from data- it’s the first of its kind technology. So, we’ve got a lot to say about how the world interacts with data.
That’s where you come in. The content marketer will be a crucial part of the marketing team- you will have your hand on every piece of content that we put out into the world. You will produce all content assets we are creating through copy-editing, video-editing, email marketing, social media skills and other strategic venues.
This person must be a creator who loves making good, valuable and unique content that contributes to our revenue goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Content Production - Act as the main planner, creator, editor, and producer of Narrative Science content including; blog posts, videos, webinars, podcast clips, social media posts, books, and more. Consistently test out different types of content. Source content from third parties as well as original content from inside the compant.
- Repurposing & Promotion - Ensure that we have a repurposing strategy for every content piece we publish in order to maximize promotion. This should include transcript-based blog posts, blog post compilations, podcast and video clips, .gifs and images, and anything else you deem strategically important. Work closely with the growth team to determine what is needed per piece.
- Short-Form Copy - Assist other members of the Narrative Science team in the creation of short-form copy. This includes emails, content descriptions, web and landing pages, social media posts, in-app messaging, and more. Work to create copy that resonates with our target audience, and clearly articulates the goal of the piece.
- Reporting: Analyze and make suggestions based on your findings about how content is performing and where we should be spending more or less time
You have the following skills:
- Communication Skills: You express your thoughts clearly, succinctly and understandably, both in written copy and through video.
- Innovation & Creativity: You bring imaginative and unique ideas and concepts to your work, your team, and the company as a whole. You aren’t afraid to do things differently or challenge the status quo.
- Planning & Organizing: You establish appropriate goals and priorities to accomplish your objectives, and continually adjust this over time to continue increasing performance.
- Teamwork: You work towards common goals effectively by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information with your team.
- Adaptability: You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change. You have a ‘roll your sleeves up’ entrepreneurial attitude.
- High Standards: You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Attention to Detail: You do not let important details slip through the cracks. You triple-check each piece of content for grammatical mistakes, video glitches, etc.
- Proactivity: You act without being told what to do, bring new ideas to the company, and are willing to dive in and figure things out. You look outside of yourself for inspiration.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing (or similar field) preferred
- 1+ years experience in a Marketing or related role
- Experience with content creation and video editing
- Experience running projects from concept through completion
- General knowledge of Marketo, Wordpress, Youtube, and/or as well as social media platforms
- Curiosity to learn, grow, and experiment
Culture @ Narrative Science
Narrative Science believes that data storytelling can empower everyone to understand and take action from their data. Our mission is to build software that leverages artificial intelligence to automatically turn data into easy-to-understand reports, transforms statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge.
Our core virtues (mission-driven, impactful, team first, innovative) are ingrained in everything we do, from how we develop our technology to how we interact with customers to how we hire people. Since 2020, we have embraced a remote approach and are on a journey to ingrain that in our culture. All while being immersed in our culture of learning, collaboration, innovation, and customer impact.