Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible. Come grow with us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
This team of highly motivated and innovative thinkers develops internal and external messaging for Centro’s brand and product, Basis. Beyond speaking to specific functionalities, they understand the value of implementing Basis within the ad tech industry and are responsible for communicating those messages throughout the marketplace. Powered by cross-functional collaboration, they go above and beyond by demonstrating how Centro and Basis improve the lives of those working in the ad tech industry.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
The ideal candidate is a prolific and talented content creator, familiar with B2B content creation and/or has in-house/agency experience—one that knows how to draw an audience and drive action, who can quickly adapt to the Centro voice and produce various projects and blogs regularly to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. We’re looking for a curious, wordsmith extraordinaire—a creative seller and solutionist, a trend-watcher—better yet, a trendsetter, a pragmatist, a project manager, and a storyteller. This individual will report to the Manager, Content Marketing.
We are in search of a bright mind who brings fresh ideas to the table, a critical thinker who can distill industry information, news and trends into compelling concepts, themes and copy that positions Centro as a thought leader in the ad tech industry space. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. You'll also contribute by:
- Brainstorming and creating 1-2 free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include, but are not limited to, marketing campaigns and paid digital advertising assets, long-form content such as e-books, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.; blog posts, emails, landing pages, video scripts, social media, event materials, and more).
- Blogging on an ongoing basis in support of other projects to attract site visitors through search, social, and email subscribers.
- Learning, innovating, and identifying new and more enticing ways to tell and share the Centro brand story.
- Growing our subscriber base by providing regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
- Collaborating closely with designers, product marketing, sales, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of key stakeholders and our audiences—and learning, innovating, and identifying new and more enticing ways to tell and share the Centro brand story.
- Leaning on your subject matter expertise to research and write on a wide range of topics within the digital advertising industry.
- Stewarding the brand voice to ensure Centro’s personality is defined and differentiated; ensuring content is consistent and on-brand (style, tone of voice) and optimized for search and social across all channels (i.e., mobile, video, email, etc.).
- Leading and leveraging best practices in grammar, writing, and style.
- Managing multiple, high-priority projects and making sure copy deliverables are met on a daily/weekly basis.
- Acting as a mentor; share experiences/perspectives with the rest of the team.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimum of 5+ years of B2B copywriting experience, in-house or agency.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience producing digital content specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (i.e., blog, mobile, social media, video).
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related equivalent experience.
- Ability to confidently present/sell your concepts, work, and ideas.
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress to blog and produce smart CTAs according to visitor lifestyle stages—and an advanced understanding of SEO-driven content and the ability to create it.
- Strong collaborator with ability to work across various departments and teams to create results.
- Positive, open, and curious individual who thrives working in a high-performing team environment.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer, but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Operates with low ego and shows a willingness to jump in and help where it is needed most.
- Must have a portfolio of writing samples to show a range of work.
- An eye for design or graphic design skillset; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to create, cut, and edit video content or experience using Camtasia or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Thorough knowledge of the advertising industry and digital media.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people. Our team has put together a thoughtful benefits package and provides a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, a tax-free health savings account, tuition reimbursement, generous maternity/paternity leave, and more.
Centro is committed to maintaining a culture where we trust our employees to do their best work. We believe results matter more than where they are produced. Currently, we offer our employees choice and flexibility on whether they’d like to work: in one of our office locations (once they open back up post-pandemic!), completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. These arrangements vary based on your situation as well as the needs of the team and role.
We’re always finding new ways to invest in the personal and professional growth our employees. We’re proud to support a variety of employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is more than a workplace.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.