Content Marketing Manager
As Content Marketing Manager, you’ll be master of the growing content program at SMS Assist. This role is for the curious, the creative, the researcher, the hunter—the storyteller. You’ll help own our digital, social, and print presence. That means creating, managing, monitoring, and measuring content across the website, the blog, external newsletters, white papers, webinars, video, research reports, infographics, case studies, ads, social media channels, collateral, and so much more. You’ll become an expert in all things SMS Assist and the facility maintenance industry. You’ll empathize with our customers and understand their worlds and perspectives. You’ll build relationships across our company to get to the core of what questions our customers are asking and what challenges they’re facing. You’ll become the best of friends with Sales, Product, Affiliate Relations, and more. You’ll be wildly creative and brave about the things we can do and the places we can go.
- Content: Support calendar through creation of content across the website, the blog, landing pages, whitepapers, e-books, emails, newsletters, ads, and more.
- Campaigns: Help ideate, develop, and execute campaigns across social, email, and digital leveraging assets like blog content, case studies, and white papers.
- Press: Build relationships with press and reporters; work toward creative placement and pitch story ideas as it fits into larger business/brand strategy; and integrate press mentions into content marketing execution. Hunt for passion leadership opportunities and engagements.
- Social media: Support growing social media program and online reputation management. Ideate and execute social component of campaigns and events.
- Digital marketing: Collaborate with Director of Content Marketing on earned, owned, and paid media.
- Events: Support marketing events manager in execution of content strategy for conferences, trade shows, sponsorships, hosted events, webinars, podcasts, and more.
- Distribution: Understand the hub-and-spoke ideology to connect, drive, and promote content across different channels, mediums, and audiences.
- Measurement: Measure the impact of the content created and understand how it performs against goals. Use our marketing automation platform, HubSpot, to oversee marketing initiatives. Show ROI through creative reporting and analysis on a regular basis.
- Content best practices: Maintain our style and brand guides to ensure consistency, accuracy, relevance, and quality across all content coming out of the Marketing team.
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships - Advanced
- Organizational Awareness - Proficient
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Analysis - Proficient
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Proficient
- Prioritization - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, and the top social channels
- Understanding of distribution channels (email, social, paid, direct mail, SEO, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, writing, or equivalent
- 5 or more years of professional copywriting, editing, and/or digital strategizing experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.