Chowbus is a fast-growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About the Role
The Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for planning and executing HQ and regional marketing support for all regions. You will work closely with the headquarters marketing team to create social media campaigns, develop successful marketing social media campaigns, events, and promotions that increase brand awareness, and effectively grow the user base.
This role reports to the Marketing Manager at the headquarters (Chicago Office)
What You’ll Do:
- Under headquarters and regional managers’ guidance, develop regional marketing and communication plans, and provide input on a variety of headquarters marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing campaigns proactively including a wide range of marketing and communication needs
- Coordinate with headquarters to develop local market Chinese social media content strategy including operating WeChat/RED/Weibo/Douyin account, develop editorial content, and manage activations to grow followers
- Analyze market trends and competitor best practices in marketing efforts to determine successful tactics
- Function as region’s contact with the headquarters office for all marketing efforts
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred 1-2 years of content marketing experience including content creation, social media management, user growth strategy
- Deep understanding of WeChat account management and content generation; Plan and execute Wechat, Weibo, RED online marketing activities and growth strategies
- Familiar with trending topics on Chinese social media and quick response to generate relevant content; Responsible for follower engagement and maintenance
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a team player
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and be flexible enough to evolve in a rapidly changing environment; Effective project management skills and analytical skills to keep projects on track
- Language Skills: Oral and written fluency in Mandarin and English
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.