Content & Social Media Manager at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
The Content and Social Media Manager will create, manage and execute a content strategy and plan to support thought leadership, demand generation and sales. You will be responsible for creating a plan that maps back to lead generation funnel stages: top, mid and bottom, builds Yello’s credibility as thought leader, captures interest on social media and helps the sales team engage with prospects. You will also own making the plan happen through direct execution or management of contract writers and designers. This role also collaborates with product marketing, demand generation, sales, product management and customer success.
Superior writing skills are a must as well experience with short-form to long-form content, including infographics, blog posts, one-page briefs, e-books, white papers, PR articles, case studies, webinar presentations and more. The content should educate and engage while supporting marketing KPIs. The role also includes increasing social media followers through posts and monitoring results, especially LinkedIn.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Develop, manage and execute a content strategy that establishes Yello thought leadership, aligns to funnel stages and supports demand generation and sales needs
- Drive creation of content through direct execution or contractors, including infographics, blog posts, one-page briefs, e-books, white papers, PR articles, case studies, webinar presentations and more
- Create a list of thought-leadership topics based on industry trends, client challenges and tech innovations
- Network across the organization to seek out and produce articles that highlight customer, industry and influencer stories
- Manage the publishing calendar, freelance writer assignments and editorial standards
- Manage the Yello blog, including assign, review and edit all content for the blog, adhering to brand voice and editorial guidelines
- Seek out opportunities to amplify content through social media and PR
- Manage freelancer content creation and revision process. Provide strategic edits when reviewing other people’s content (both copy and concept edits)
- Create compelling content that supports SEO efforts. Proactively and continually revise content, to optimize existing and new content to increase keyword rank
- Develop & manage content for client videos and surveys in collaboration with product marketing
- Post content to website and blog
- Manage social platforms and posts: LinkedIn, G+, FB, Twitter, etc. Conduct polls, contests & other high-engagement content. Measure results.
- Engage influencers to broaden reach and create links back to Yello content and website
- Measure and support marketing KPIs on engagement, sharing and thought leadership
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience developing, managing and executing a content strategy
- Expert writer and storyteller with a passion for finding interesting storylines that engage influencers, media and prospects
- Experience creating short-form and long-form content defined above
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, press relations, journalism, advertising, marketing or related field; excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to review and assess writing with a critical eye, including suggestions for improvement as well as keeping copy compelling and engaging
- Ability to interview subject matter experts, perform research on topics and tie hot news trends to new content
- Able to interpret often complicated or industry-specific information and translate into digestible content
- Highly organized individual who pays deep attention to details and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; excited to work across teams and department
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.