Copywriter and PR Associate
Public Relations Associate / Marketing Copywriter
Echo Global Logistics, a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services, is seeking an experienced Public Relations (PR) Associate / Marketing Copywriter to join our Marketing department at our Chicago headquarters.
The PR Associate / Marketing Copywriter will collaborate with Marketing team members and employees of other departments, such as sales, to create a variety of written materials. These materials include sales collateral, blog articles, press releases, email campaigns, digital and print advertisements, advertorials, website copy, and internal communications. Content will be targeted mainly towards clients, which are fellow businesses, but some content is developed for our carrier partners.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for public relations, marketing, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects. We are looking for someone who is outgoing, motivated, self-directed, and a problem-solver.
- Write PR-related materials such as press releases and award applications
- Regularly update the News section of echo.com
- Collaborate with Echo’s PR agency to raise the profile of Echo by increasing share-of-voice through media engagement, press releases and social media.
- Manage an integrated marketing communications plan to advance brand identity; broaden awareness of programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Manage a 12-month editorial calendar for all communications organization-wide.
- Assist in developing and maintaining communication policies and procedures.
- Assist in cultivating and managing press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding Echo programs, special events, public announcements and other projects.
- Write clear, concise content consistent with Echo’s branded voice
- Write both short-form and long-form copy, including email campaigns, digital and print advertisements, website copy, sales collateral, and blog articles
- Interview sales, operations, members of branch offices, and executives to support blog articles, sales collateral, advertorials, etc.
- Conduct thorough, high-quality research to supplement knowledge gathered from subject matter experts
- Simplify complicated topics into communications anyone could understand
- Collaborate and brainstorm with Marketing team members on a variety of projects
- Edit and proofread Marketing materials
- Assist in media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Assist in working with team to recognize internal and external communications opportunities, define solutions and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- 2+ years in a Public Relations (PR) Role with copywriting experience
- Industry experience is desired but not required
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be able to write for different audiences while still being consistent with Echo’s voice
- Strong research skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical project management and organizational skills.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to work autonomously and proactively.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Strong communication, project management, and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree (in PR, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.