Copywriter at Foxtrot
Foxtrot is redefining convenience for the modern consumer. We’re a digitally native, venture-backed business building a brand that marries the best of neighborhood retail and e-commerce technology to create a community of discovery. Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes, and you can turn to our app or website for 60-minute delivery of a city’s best goods – from local beers and fine wines to chef-prepared meals, curated gifts and everyday essentials. Whether at our place or yours, Foxtrot connects people to a better kind of convenience with thoughtful curation, so everyone can feel good about the goods they buy every day.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a talented, creative and multi-faceted wordsmith to join our growing team. This highly collaborative role will continue to hone and develop our voice while contributing smart, thoughtful writing to all areas of the company – you’ll work on a variety of projects spanning e-commerce, marketing, retail and beyond. If you’re a stickler for details with a passion for bringing brands to life through storytelling, we’re looking for you.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Foxtrot brand and voice to efficiently craft copy that embodies our personality and values
- Write smart, concise and compelling copy for a variety of mediums and all customer-facing assets, including product, e-commerce, social, retail, web, print, out of home, events and more
- Work closely with our creative team to help concept campaigns and shape our editorial and visual content
- Work with communications and marketing teams to execute copyediting projects to meet additional brand and business priorities
- Maintain a consistent tone of voice and messaging across all channels while proactively seeking new, creative ways to communicate with our customer
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of copy projects, often with quick turnarounds, while producing excellent and dependable work
- 2+ years experience in copywriting for an agency or in-house creative team; e-commerce, retail or consumer brand focus a plus
- Exceptional copyediting and proofreading skills; an eagle eye for detail
- Adaptable to working on a broad range of projects; understands the difference between e-commerce product descriptions, witty subject lines, engaging social captions and long-form brand stories
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality; able to take ownership of projects and see them through from inception to production
- Excitement for and an understanding of the Foxtrot brand
*Please include writing samples or a link to your portfolio with your application.