Copywriter at Pampered Chef
Purpose of the Role:
Writers are responsible for creating compelling copy for marketing projects and campaigns in support of Pampered Chef products, experiences, and services for consultants, consumers, and coworkers. The ideal candidate understands our target audience and can deliver on-brand copy that’s engaging and action-oriented. This person is an important member of our integrated marketing team, reporting to the Creative Manager.
- Produce high-quality writing under tight deadline conditions required.
- Demonstrate superior grammatical and editorial skills required; knowledge of AP Stylebook required.
- Advocate for best practices of journalism (accuracy, fact-checking, researching, interviewing process, etc.)
- Possess editorial, copy editing and proofreading skills required.
- Show meticulous attention to detail when developing and finalizing copy.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of marketing copy writing principles
- Partner cross-functionally to gain a clear understanding of sales objectives, and present effective solutions to copywriting/advertising challenges that accomplish sales/marketing objectives.
- Interpret copy direction from creative partners.
- Maintain open and professional communication for status of projects to teammates, manager and business partners.
- Communicate effectively by getting points across clearly and concisely.
- Comfortable interviewing and gathering information from consultants, coworkers and content providers at all levels.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion for jumping into and understanding initiatives.
Competencies for Success:
- Being resilient
- Communicates effectively
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Manages Conflict
- Values Differences
Measures of Success:
- New Product Gross Profit per Consultant: How much revenue is brought in by selling new products per consultant.
- Customer file/selling consultant: Increasing how many NEW customers are added to each selling consultant’s customer base.
- Marketing Efficiency: How many job requests are completed on time and meet the deadline.
Education and Experience:
B.A. in Journalism, English, Marketing Communication or related field required.