Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, No B.S value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Corporate Social Responsibility Manager: As the RXBAR organization expands and evolves, we’re committed to maintaining a transparent and socially, economically and environmentally responsible business model. RXBAR is seeking an experienced Corporate Social Responsibility Manager professional to advance current initiatives and build on the existing CSR foundation to scale impactful efforts.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Manager will develop, implement and manage strategic initiatives focusing on three key areas: supply chain, philanthropy and employees, developing best practices to enhance business operations and employee engagement that align with the company and brand purpose.
The role is best suited for a candidate with relevant CSR experience from a consumer-packaged goods company, ideally from early-stage development through company-wide rollout. A passion for acting as an internal change agent to drive socially responsible action and strengthen corporate reputation is key to success. The highly cross-functional role will collaborate internally with the Supply Chain, People and Organization, the Internal Communications team as well as the broader marketing function. The position will report to the Director of Communications.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and implement CSR strategies and programs, aligned with RXBAR values and business and brand objectives
- Deliver on social responsibility initiatives related to supply chain sustainability, philanthropy, employee and diversity inclusion business best practices
- Ensure alignment and consistency between CSR messaging and business communications strategies
Cross-Functional Collaboration & Initiative Deployment:
- Partner with team leads to align on key initiatives across RXBAR organization
- Work cross-functionally to drive CSR messaging, content creation and integration across corporate communication channels
- Partner with the Senior Internal Communications Manager on developing and articulating consistent CSR messaging to relevant stakeholders
- Partner with RXBAR co-founder to build a strategic roadmap and help lead RXBAR philanthropic activities
- Forge opportunities to raise employee awareness of RXBAR’s CSR efforts and boost involvement
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- 4-6 years of experience working in social responsibility or supply chain management
- Proactive and skilled communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven CSR communication and public reporting experience
- Strong project management skills with technical problem-solving aptitude to coordinate CSR initiatives across the organization
- Proficient at effectively managing workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Skilled at presenting ideas clearly and listening effectively
- Passion for CSR and sustainability
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across functions
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Clear communicator and consensus builder, highly organized, very detail-oriented, and able to coordinate projects simultaneously
- Web research savvy, Microsoft Office and Apple Keynote proficiency
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.