CityBase is seeking a Demand Generation/Growth Marketing Manager experienced in creating and executing marketing campaigns in SaaS digital marketing, preferably to B2B or B2G clients. This person will be focused on marketing to our audience segments: local government and utilities.
The role is focused on demand and lead generation through digital media and email marketing, with opportunities to test and develop new strategies. This person should have an expertise in audience segmentation and managing lists and email campaigns using a variety of digital tools such as ZoomInfo, Power Almanac, and Salesforce Pardot. A successful candidate will have comfort in data analysis, setting and tracking KPIs, and refining strategy based on results. The role also includes managing the company’s social media channels.
The role reports to the Marketing Director and closely collaborates with the Sales and Pre-sales teams. CityBase offers a flexible hybrid remote model, with the ability to work from our downtown Chicago office and also remote from home throughout the week.
- Work closely with Sales to achieve pipeline and revenue goals.
- Conceptualize, design, and project manage the overall execution of innovative demand generation campaigns to drive MQLs and sales pipeline.
- Identify opportunities for improvement inside the existing demand generation engine and test proposed tactics.
- Partner with the BDR team to ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow up. Build a consistent feedback loop and continuously improve and optimize lead hand-off processes in conjunction with the Sales team.
- With Marketing Director, set, execute, and measure to campaign goals for top of funnel and pipeline creation requirements.
- Manage our audience lists through tools including Power Almanac and ZoomInfo, with the ability to think through creative segmentation across two main verticals: utilities and government.
- Write, build, deploy, and track effectiveness and KPIs of campaigns using Salesforce Pardot.
- Learn and engage with our audience to generate interest and drive sales, staying up to date on industry trends.
- Create and execute the tactics that will be most effective in reaching our target prospects, including defining and tracking the proper metrics that will help us meet company business goals.
- Conduct industry research to know our audience, competitors, and current market trends, communicating those internally and sharing relevant messages externally.
- Speak the business language of our clients and inform CityBase messaging in marketing materials and sales pitches and proposals to reflect that.
- Collaborate closely with Sales to understand our prospects’ needs and objections.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to strategize on new content and execute on successful events.
- Maintain our content and messaging in social media channels, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- 3-5+ years of experience in demand generation marketing, with emphasis in digital marketing and preferably within the B2B software/SaaS space.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced high growth company.
- Highly creative and solution-oriented with experience devising campaigns that generate awareness, engagement, and sales opportunities from the target market.
- Experience managing email marketing and drip campaigns, reporting analytics, and using marketing automation tools like HubSpot or Salesforce Pardot.
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously from concept to completion, including reporting and analysis.
- Analytical capability to determine program effectiveness, ROI, forecasting, and optimizations for future campaigns.
- Experience with audience segmentation, managing and growing prospect lists, and familiarity with contact databases.
- Focused on conversion from one stage to the next of the buyer’s journey, including alignment of channel, message, and call-to-action.
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to communicate key stories externally and key strategies and results internally.
- Experience in marketing to government and/or utilities is a plus.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing a plus.
CityBase makes government and utility technology that modernizes and unifies the way people find, apply, and pay for services. More than 100 government agencies, utilities, cities, and counties use CityBase technology to provide hassle-free payments and digital services to their customers and staff. CityBase integrates payment functionality, business processes, and communications onto a central, cloud-based platform that consumers can access through the web, mobile, kiosk, and point of sale.