Demand Planning Manager at Catch Co.
The Demand Planning Manager role is a great new opportunity in Catch Company that is integral to making sure we have the right products on hand for our customers. The Manager will work closely with our business units, operations, sourcing, business development and brand team to develop and refine forecasts and will be critical to our mission to provide customers with the best shopping experience in the fishing industry.
What you will do:
- Own on-hand inventory status and projections
- Develop a demand planning system that will capture all forecasts from businesses and allocate inventory accordingly
- Monitor incoming inventory and report and resolve product shortages
- Actualize and investigate inventory status changes
- Reconcile and allocate inventory across various pools
- Create master forecast that consolidates demand from all three businesses
- Create goals and create, track and measure performance to key inventory performance indicators
- Develop and own risk mitigation strategies, including analysis of lead times and vendor performance as an input
- Develop processes, procedures and training to ensure inventory and planning systems are consistent
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that the right purchase orders are being placed and are arriving on time
What experience you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field
- 3-4 years of demand forecasting and/or inventory management experience
- Experience in offshore sourcing highly preferred
- Analytical, comfort with large datasets and challenging assumptions
- Experience in Excel required (able to analyze large datasets, use index-match and pivot tables)
- Comfortable with Google Suite
- Track record of being very organized, detail oriented, and balancing multiple priorities
- Experience working with multiple teams and being able to communicate effectively
- Strong ability to problem solve independently
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.