Digital Automation Strategist at Caterpillar (Chicago, IL)
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do - but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here - we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar's Construction Industries Services Division (CISD) is hiring a Digital Strategist focused on MarCom Automation.
Role Summary: The Digital Strategist envisions, develops, and supports roadmap and future state marketing automation processes for Caterpillar and Cat Dealers to drive profitable parts and service revenue. This will include defining, identifying, and guiding implementation of best in class marketing automation offerings for the needed business capabilities. This position will be responsible for creating marketing automation journeys targeting Retail & Small Core customers based on customer behavior and omnichannel approach.
Geographical Responsibility: Global
Partners: Dealer Distribution Services (DSD), Construction Industries (CI), and Cat Dealers
- Works with the Field Teams, Construction Industries partners (e.g., GCI and BCP) and Cat Dealers to develop omnichannel customer journeys for Marketing Automation, identifying key customer touchpoints.
- Analyzes user experience data, reporting on planned and current strategies, leading effective digital marketing automation strategies, and ensuring that projects are executed within budget.
- Identifies new Collaborative Marketing (distributive marketing) opportunities and develops Collaborative Marketing Journeys.
- Audits existing content available by product, service and language to identify opportunities to create new content or enhance existing content.
- Develops Marketing Automation playbooks focusing on best practices.
- Partners with Cat Digital Product Managers to set Marketing Automation strategic vision to ensure we best serve CI customers.
- Aligns requirements with Cat Digital to drive a consistent approach with Cat Digital for CI (Construction Industries) Customers.
- Serves as the Marketing Automation expert, monitor industry trends, and ways to stay ahead of the competition.
- Works across CISD Integrated Marketing Team to leverage existing content and promotion strategies.
- 4-year University or College degree and 9+ years of marketing experience
- Previous experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar marketing automation platforms
Top Candidate Qualifications:
- Strong presentation and training skills and examples of successful marketing automation plans and results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to persuade others inside or outside the organization to take action
- Self-starter and team player
- Proficiency in data analysis
- Project management skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders at all levels
- Understanding of construction industry and aftermarket solutions
- This role can work from one of the following locations: Chicago or Peoria, IL or Cary, NC
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Travel is up to 20% for this role.
How We Support You (Employee Benefits)
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a yearly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Your Work Shapes the World
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .