Digital Media Manager
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Digital team is responsible for managing the Illinois Lottery Brand, Marketing and Games presence online and delivering sales growth and engagement through web, mobile and social channels.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative digital marketing specialist to shape and drive our digital marketing strategy.
The Digital Media Manager is responsible for the channel strategy and delivery of quality traffic to the Illinois Lottery website and mobile app’s. As a key member of the Digital team, reporting to the Digital VP, you’ll work autonomously to create and accelerate a digital player acquisition strategy and deliver an ‘always on’ retention plan targeted at existing iLottery players.
Responsible for managing our performance agencies across biddable, display/programmatic advertising and mobile channels, you will define the strategy for new player acquisition and retention, ensuring that we are attracting quality traffic for the most efficient spend.
- Develop the digital acquisition strategy and set the relevant KPI’s.
- Secure buy-in from the wider business to the digital plans and educate on the key priorities.
- Manage and develop all paid digital marketing activity.
- Select the right partners and agencies to work with and define their contract terms to ensure we get the best possible service.
- Work with the wider business to ensure that the strategy meets overall business goals and report back regularly to all stakeholders.
- Drive quality traffic to the Illinois Lottery website to generate new player acquisitions and existing customer repeat play
- Ensure that the brand values are represented in all paid campaigns.
- Work with the insight team to set & monitor KPIs for measuring the success and effectiveness of the digital campaigns.
- Develop best practices and benchmarks for future campaigns.
- Proactively research new ways of using digital and latest technologies to drive player engagement and increase sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5 plus years of digital marketing experience.
- Strong hands-on digital marketing experience with a desire to continuously learn.
- Working knowledge of PPC and SEO.
- Experience with web analytics tools e.g. Adobe Analytics.
- Experience of mobile app promotion and app store / play store optimization.
- Experience of delivering paid media campaigns, including display and programmatic activity.
- Experience of media auditing and advertising best practice is essential.
- Ability to sell-in concepts and stories with confidence and conviction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good team player.
- Multi-tasking, highly organized, excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines with regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to show evidence of working in a fast paced and demanding workplace.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Working For Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.