Director of Communications
Project44 is the world’s leading advanced visibility platform for shippers and third-party logistics firms. project44 connects, automates, and provides visibility into key transportation processes to accelerate insights and shorten the time it takes to turn those insights into actions. Leveraging the power of the project44 cloud-based platform, organizations are able to increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs, improve shipping performance, and deliver an exceptional Amazon-like experience to their customers.
As the Director of Communications you will oversee and manage public relations, customer marketing, content, and social marketing. The ideal candidate will have well-rounded B2B experience in strategy, mediums, and execution, as well as good familiarity with other areas of marketing expertise how their role and responsibilities integrate and impact with communications and content. This role will be responsible for capturing the voice of our brand as well as writing compelling and effective content that will benefit digital marketing, sales, and customer success. This role will work cross-functionally with many departments, including Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Senior Leadership, to ensure project44’s continued success
- Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, policy talking points and white papers, blogs, talking points and speeches/presentations for executives
- Manage our agency relationships for external content creation
- Assist in preparation of company spokespeople for media engagements
- Build relationships with key business media contacts at the national and local levels
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives while ensuring consistency across the company’s brand & voice
- Spearhead internal communications initiatives that help connect company employees to the brand
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives -- by leveraging, shaping and better articulating the brand across all channels and projects.
- 7+ years experience as a business communicator; experience at a fast-paced public or private entity required
- Strong media relationships preferred experience in tech, on-demand or other fast-paced business model preferred
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package top-notch content on rapid deadlines
- Preferred experience in a B2B enterprise SaaS environment
- Strong pitch and verbal communications skills with the ability to diplomatically advance a position