Director of Consumer Marketing
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing function will reinvigorate the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative insight-led programs such as enhanced games, effective social messaging and original advertising campaigns.
The Director of Consumer Marketing will be responsible for leading the implementation of the annual marketing plan, facilitating marketing expenditure, and translating initiatives into highly effective consumer and retailer communications.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the customer marketing team and ensure adoption of working practices that support cross-category integration and co-operation from the channel implementation teams.
- Lead the delivery of the annual marketing plan to support brand team strategies and objectives, to maximize synergies between all marketing activities.
- Ensure integrated ways of working across creative and media agency partners, and optimize agency relationships to deliver the right media and creative strategy for Camelot Illinois.
- Own the scope and remuneration of our media and creative agency partners including bonus performance criteria, organizing quarterly performance reviews, defining priorities and managing senior stakeholders at the agencies to ensure the delivery of brand requirements.
- Provide support to the brand team in agreeing the allocation of media spend across categories to maximize ROI and achieve commercial objectives.
- Negotiate all 3rd party marketing-related requirements.
- Work with marketing and media agencies to: facilitate delivery of brand team briefs and manage the creative process for approved campaigns to ensure marketing materials are produced on time, at best cost and aligned to category strategy.
- Manage budget and lead budget reconciliation process on a monthly basis for entire Marketing team budget.
- Manage employees in the forecasting and delivery of business results against plan objectives for Draw Based Games and Instants portfolio.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee execution of all retail marketing activities.
- Communicate operational activity plans and provide supporting materials to the channel teams as appropriate.
- Represent the retail channel in category planning activities and new product development, supporting feasibility assessment from a channel perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- 10 plus years experience in customer marketing or related marketing discipline.
- 5 plus years in a marketing related leadership position.
- Prior experience implementing strategic channels to increase brand presence and availability.
- Significant experience directly leading media planning and buying processes.
- Experience managing marketing budgets.
- Ability to construct senior-level presentations that are clear, persuasive and relevant to the target audience.
- Experience of people development process including coaching, mentoring and performance management to a sufficient level to be able to coach and develop a team of individuals to deliver effective performance.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related discipline.
- Experience creating and managing the television media processes.
- Demonstrable experience of campaign fulfillment and the management of creative and media agencies.
- Senior level experience of retail category management principles.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Illinois retail marketplace.
- Experience within a similar regulated CPG or financial related industry.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.