Director, CRM & Email Marketing at ShopRunner
At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands and retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Director of CRM & Email Marketing sits at the intersection of marketing, data science, product, design and analytics responsible for overseeing our entire member lifecycle from the moment a consumer signs up for a ShopRunner membership across multiple channels: retailer partnerships, channel partnerships, and paid media to name a few. Your responsibilities include driving the strategy, development, optimization, enhancement and execution of lifecycle marketing programs focused on activation, frequency, and cross-shop across our network from each specific channel and/or member segment. You will be collecting and analyzing customer data and performance to inform our lifecycle strategy, customer segmentation, and implement best practices.
This person will provide analytical, technical, and operational expertise for the marketing team to deliver consumer insights throughout the organization, optimize current programs, and launch new initiatives. The successful candidate will be very analytical, self-starting, flexible, organized, and reliable, with the ability to both see the big picture and be able/willing to execute rapidly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with stakeholders to understand, map out, and analyze each of our new member journeys, including how they join ShopRunner from each of our channels at a granular level
- Own and optimize our email program, ensuring the implementation of email best practices to maximize inbox deliverability and maintain an appropriate cadence for our customers
- Enhance our data driven and automated trigger communication with a clear strategy focused on segmentation
- Explore and identify automated marketing tactics that advance customers along their lifecycle
- Develop and implement optimizations across the entire lifecycle focused on driving activation, frequency, and cross-shop within the ShopRunner network
- Understand our data science capabilities, ensure they are being utilized across all of our customer journeys, and identify gaps and development needs from this area.
- Drive enhancements of our communication capabilities around messaging channels and targeting/personalization strategies
- Lead a team of two while working cross functionally with a larger 10+ person marketing org.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of hands-on B2C experience in CRM, email marketing & analytics
- Experience with customer journey mapping, segmentation and targeting strategies
- Experience with trigger email & lifecycle programs
- Experience in non-email messaging channels (Push/SMS/Browser Notifications)
- Ability to work cross functionally with product, engineering, data science, analytics, research and designs
- Proven track record of delivering complex e-mail programs from inception to delivery at consumer scale (1MM+ list sizes)
- Strong analytical skills: Familiarity with multivariate testing and able to analyze campaign performance to evolve e-mail strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of email best practices such as subject lines, messaging, dynamic emails, customer segmentation, HTML/CSS, responsive design and deliverability
- Extreme attention to detail: customer journey logic, audience targeting
- Knowledge of and comfort with a variety of online tools, inclusive of marketing automation platforms, content management systems, CRM, and web analytics.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias towards action
NICE TO HAVES:
- Background in retail and/or ecommerce
- Proficiency in Excel or SQL
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.