Director, Demand Generation
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Director of Demand Generation
We are looking for a dynamic, results-oriented growth marketer. And it isn’t just anyone we are looking for. To be a great fit for this role you know that connecting with customers and prospects requires art and science. The artist in you builds cohesive campaigns through segmentation, messaging and channels. The scientist in you measures, calibrates, reports and constantly tests new approaches.
How You'll Contribute
- Design persona-based, multi-channel campaigns that drive results
- Use customer data to identify ideal targets and clear segmentation
- Create KPIs and reporting for all growth marketing activities and regularly share these with leadership
- Build a growth marketing engine that can scale with the company--especially as we enter new markets
- Ensure that we have the right channel mix and KPIs to evaluate performance
- Craft buyer journeys from lead to renew and design programs and campaigns on each journey
- Create customer segmentation and new approaches to maximize Account-based Marketing (ABM)
- Evaluate the marketing technology stack to optimize for results
- Lead and build a performance marketing team of talented, collaborative professionals
- Create a coordinated system with the Sales Development team to follow up on leads and identify gaps/opportunities
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in B2B Demand Generation or Growth Marketing (marketing automation, campaign management, email, events, direct mail, content, programmatic retargeting, SEO and social)
- Knowledge of designing and executing campaigns via sales automation systems or ABM tools
- Passion for data and the ability to use it to recommend programs, calibrations or share insights with our sales team
- Ability to diagnose the lead generation and development process to remove bottlenecks and prescribe changes to targeting, messaging, campaign execution and lead development tactics.
- We’d love to see multi-persona, multi-channel ABM campaigns from start to finish
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing recruitment marketing. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.