Director, Demand Generation
The Director of Demand Generation is responsible for designing multi-touch demand creation programs that leverage both inbound and outbound tactics. The right candidate thinks outside of the box to bring the most innovative campaigns to the table. This role leads a team of digital and field marketing professionals to drive quality demand for FourKites, and will sit in our Chicago, IL Headquarters.
Specific responsibilities include allocating budget, selecting targets, determining tactical mix, designing innovative and engaging offers and calls to action, and setting individual program goals and measurement criteria. Additional responsibilities include managing external agencies and internal resources, creating demand creation “programs in a box” for direct and indirect sales, and managing shared demand creation processes with field sales.
This role works in partnership with many disciplines to drive demand, including sales, communications, product, solution marketing, and operations.
- Develop and execute creative, engaging, and measurable demand creation programs that drive revenue
- Interlock with field sales leadership to ensure agreement on priorities, adjusting as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Ensure that inbound traffic can be converted into known leads through a best-in-class Web experience
- Implement testing methodologies to enhance the demand creation process, including response and conversion rates and multivariate testing
- Manage the end-to-end lead management process in conjunction with sales operations and marketing operations, including lead capture, nurturing via portfolio marketing, and SLAs
- Develop effective ABM strategies with the Account Executive team that influence target accounts to drive pipeline and improve win rates
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline, revenue, and sales cycle length
- Evaluate, select, and manage outside vendors that contribute to demand creation programs including direct marketing agencies, digital agencies, and creative resources
- Juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Manage and adhere to budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or other related field
- Experience creating and implementing successful demand creation, lead nurturing, and pipeline acceleration programs
- 10+ years of B2B demand creation, SaaS or enterprise software experience preferred
- Five or more years of B2B digital/inbound marketing including Web and content marketing, ability to leverage social media to seed demand, SEO/SEM, association marketing and content syndication
- Proficiency in marketing automation, ABM, web analytics and campaign analytics tools
- Experience building and managing a shared demand waterfall with Sales
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences
- Team player with cross functional project leadership skills
- Demonstrated skills in positioning and differentiating products and services
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
FourKites is the largest predictive supply chain visibility platform, delivering real-time visibility and predictive analytics for the broadest network of Global 1000 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes, including truckload, LTL, ocean, rail, intermodal, last mile and parcel. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security.