Director, Growth Marketing Operations at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is looking for a dynamic growth marketing tech and ops leader to manage the teams responsible for our consumer and B2B martech stack, comms deployment capabilities and organic growth. These initiatives span owned email & push channels, organic growth strategies, and adtech for our consumer base, as well as lead routing, assignment, scoring and marketing automation for new and existing merchants. In this role, you will oversee the evolution and execution of our engagement and retention platforms and manage teams that support email development, comms deployment, lifecycle automation builds and campaign operations.
As Director of our Growth Marketing Technology, you will support data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies for email & CRM as well as related programs & channels including messaging, segmentation, optimization, push notifications, retargeting, promotional offers, & testing with an emphasis on operational excellence, process optimization and partnership building across the marketing and product orgs. You’ll also own the strategy and manage the team responsible for platform integrations and vendor management for growth technology, as well as lead a team of excellent SEO and CRO specialists.
Reporting directly to our Head of Growth and Integrated Marketing, the ideal candidate has had hands-on experience owning end-to-end campaigns within a consumer and B2B facing e-commerce environment, is passionate about CRM innovation and is adept at analyzing marketing campaign effectiveness to leverage personalization and custom segmentation into an actionable platform roadmap.
This position plays an instrumental role in defining the long-term direction of our growth stack, owned web properties and marketing automation tools. You will work closely with a number of cross-functional stakeholders across Strategy, Creative, Analytics, Engineering and Marketing to drive conversion & retention and ensure the sustained growth of an engaged customer base.
What You'll Do
- Growth Marketing Platform Roadmap: Lead the vision, strategy, & results for Affirm’s CRM & Email Marketing program, encompassing marketing, transactional, and lifecycle programs supporting growth and retention across the business
- Email Operations: Manage team responsible for development, deployment and day-to-day operations of all customer-facing email and push marketing (both promotional and triggered campaigns)
- Team Leadership and Management: Mentor and grow a world class marketing operations and organic growth marketing team
- Campaign Management & Calendar Cadence: Maintain email and push calendar and work with marketing teams on incorporating CRM plans & programs
- QA Testing: Develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize engagement by measuring and optimizing across all touchpoints
- Innovation: Drive innovation across the team identifying new areas of opportunity for growth in our consumer and business engagement strategy
- Process Development & Implementation: Improve operational efficiencies and processes by partnering with other marketing functions to map, measure, identify gaps and propose solutions for reduced execution time.
- Vendor Management & Partnerships: Work with technology vendors to manage our martech stack and enhance our operational capabilities
- Campaign Analysis & Reporting: Partner with analytics to analyze and report on channel engagement
- Stakeholder Management: Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders to bring our creative to life in owned channels effectively and collaboratively
- Engineering & Product Partnership : Work closely with product and engineering to to test and improve our transactional and marketing notifications, and improve the effectiveness of owned channels
What We Look For:
- 8+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability and AB/multivariate testing, consumer marketing and B2B marketing automation
- Expert knowledge of Journey building, A/B and multivariate testing using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ExactTarget, Pardot, or a comparable ESP is required
- Deep knowledge of email standards, regulations, best practices, and international requirements such as SPF, CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of email marketing, push marketing, CRM, deliverability & analytics
- Understanding of HTML/CSS coding, SQL, responsive email design, AMPscript or relevant scripting language, and email and PUSH best practices
- SEO, CRO and headless CMS experience
- Ruthless attention to detail and process builder
- Strong relationship builder across both strategic, technical and creative teams
- Ability to clearly communicate team focus, strategy and plan to broader organization for alignment and buy in
- Proven experience building teams and a passion to provide mentorship and coaching to team members
- Demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solve and deliver recommendations
- Managed forecasting and maintaining budgets for all tech platforms across growth marketing
- Proven track record in driving customer engagement and retention through lifecycle marketing automations and batch communications
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally and flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks
- Strong systems focus with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with “can-do” attitude.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities