Director, Inbound & Content Marketing at Sprout Social
Are you an experienced growth marketing leader who’s passionate about using strategies including conversion rate optimization, content, SEO and lead generation to drive real business impact?
Sprout Social is looking for a Director of Inbound and Content Marketing to join our growing Chicago based marketing team and lead our growth marketing function. In this role you will own and guide the strategy for the technology stack that supports our blog. You’ll lead, motivate, and mentor a team to drive inbound marketing including content, web & blog optimization and testing, and SEO. You will collaborate with the content and communications team to create and deliver a digital brand experience that personifies and differentiates Sprout for all of our audiences.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience generating and nurturing leads through content marketing, has built and managed a high volume, high quality content funnel, understands how to engage and accelerate prospects with content throughout their journey, leverages SEO best practices to amplify content reach and effectiveness, and relentlessly focuses on website strategy and optimization.
Sprout Social is used by more than 20,000 customers worldwide. Companies including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- You have at least 6 years of growth or demand generation experience, preferably with a product-led B2B SaaS company, and at least 10 years of overall marketing experience
- You have strong experience with website and inbound funnel strategy, content creation and conversion rate optimization
- You have worked closely with SEO, digital, content and demand generation teams in order to optimize content performance and amplification
- You have led, managed, and motivated a team
- You have pushed the business to adopt better inbound marketing practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels
- Proficient with WordPress, Google Analytics. Bonus points for familiarity with Pardot and Salesforce
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Meet with key partners in marketing and design and get to know everyone's roles and responsibilities.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups
- Familiarize yourself with the acquisition team goals.
- Get access to all channels and become familiar with accounts.
- Begin to understand the historical performance of content marketing and our website.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Meet with leaders throughout the marketing and sales organizations and identify areas of opportunity.
- Understand our website and blog traffic & conversion, become familiar with our Google Analytics data, begin analyzing and making content recommendations and website optimization improvements based on this data
- Fully comprehend the marketing site and blog structure and content.
- Begin evolving our content & website structure and hierarchy.
- Begin coaching and mentoring your team to do their best work.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Have full knowledge of Google Analytics reporting and nuances.
- Leverage Google Analytics, Google keyword planner, search query reports, Pardot, Buzzsumo, etc to expand our content reach, variety and effectiveness.
- Have substantially scaled the volume and range of content that Sprout publishes.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to improve the entire customer journey throughout the marketing funnel.
- Be effectively prioritizing efforts to make the most impact in the inbound funnel.
- Be leading and operating a world class content and inbound marketing function.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!