About the Role
This role is at the Director level and will be part of the Retail Investing Services and Experiences Marketing team to grow the data business across the industry.
• Minimum of 12-15 years professional experience directing complex go-to-market programs, with experience from one of the following areas preferred: information, analytics, informatics, B2B data, big data, data science, technology services, financial services, insurance and/or other similar fields.
• Must have experience working for large companies in a matrix structure and global.
• Align with the Product Management teams to drive strategy around product positioning for existing products and new launches.
• Be the data portfolio expert and work with the industry's most respected sales team to develop plays and GTM programs that help drive pipeline, find new buyers, and cross-sell into existing accounts
• Build and elevate a web presence for our data capabilities, data types, data catalog, integrating our Masterbrand site, sandboxes, and developer sites.
• Collaborate across Sales and Product to develop a holistic perspective across our solution set with a view to drive market segmentation and analysis, understand target segments and needs, define ideal customer profiles and personas, identify emerging market segments, prepare market and solution forecasts.
• Collaborate on business cases showing market sizing, opportunity analysis, key messaging, pricing analysis, competitive reviews and ROI, with supporting analysis for new ideas and opportunities. Communicate plans across Marketing, Finance, Product, Sales, and senior management
• Work with our internal demand gen teams to hone the strategy and marketing programs that drive demand for our data. Be proactive in recognizing where your parts of the business may need marketing support and the effective levers to pull.
• Communicate effectively and often to ensure all stakeholders are aligned.
• For key product launches, help orchestrate market validation, value props, customer insight, VoC activities for go-to-market across the organization.
• Participate in all steps of projects including but not limited to: proposal drafting, survey design, questionnaire writing, data analysis, report writing and delivery, presentation, and post mortem.
• Drive successful project execution, collaborating with senior team members and providing input/oversight to junior team members in coordinating logistics with internal & external operational teams (programming, fieldwork, facilities, moderators, data processing), and partnering with these teams to drive projects forward on stringent timelines.
• Translate data into actionable insights and recommendations through reports and presentations.
• Serve as a trusted expert in relevant trends impacting key clients, staying abreast of product, service, and competitive developments.
• Seasoned marketer with at least 12-15 years experience in marketing roles including data, data sciences, information, analytics, Developer Marketing or Technical Product Marketing.
• Deep understanding of the data, information, analytics, developer audience and experience creating business owner and developer campaigns and messaging to that audience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record of successful product launch and positioning activities, driving significant revenue growth
• Ability to take initiative and ownership and effectively leverage resources to successful outcomes without constant direction
• Strong team leadership and organizational skills with demonstrated expertise in communication and public speaking
• Must have ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization, including to executive stakeholders
• Outstanding project management skills, attention to detail and bias towards execution
• Experience with agile environments and a “get-it-done” attitude
• Results-driven: deep sense of accountability and the ability to drive large projects from start to finish
• High energy and passion for the job
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Curiosity and passion for testing and experimentation.
• Strong writing, editing, and communications skills.
• Proven track record of managing projects from conception through successful release
• Management strengths as a transformative leader, motivator and change agent.
• Has an ability to guide, obtain and translate internal and client feedback into actionable items, and provide insightful recommendations throughout the project lifecycle.
• Has phenomenal attention to detail and a passion for delivering the highest quality and error-free websites.
• Has a strong track record of delivering work above expectations, on time, and on budget.
• Is comfortable leading C-suite level conversations and relaying our team's creative visions and goals in a way that exceeds client expectation
• Passionate about data-driven approach and can think strategically to draw out big picture correlations, predictions, and recommendations
• Strong visualization capabilities
• Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered
• Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions from clients and lead the development of research plans as well as deliver game-changing insights
• Team player able work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity