Director of Marketing
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on marketer who can build and lead a small group of full-timers and freelancers who span a range of marketing disciplines. In this role you’ll work across all our different businesses and have genuine opportunities to impact the firm and shape the future of our Marketing efforts while reinforcing a growing, thriving culture. You will also partner with senior leadership to understand and express their vision, and increase brand engagement and awareness for PEAK6 and its portfolio companies.
- Act as player-coach to lead and grow the Marketing function at PEAK6 to consist of content, PR, digital, creative, and analytics.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy to drive brand development and awareness for PEAK6.
- Provide support to early stage portfolio companies, including launch strategies, product packaging, budget creation and metrics.
- Selectively hire marketing professionals to build in-house marketing function while augmenting with network of freelance specialists.
- Retain and manage marketing vendors and agencies to defined and successful outcomes, including aggressive focus on timeline and budget management.
- Contribute to, and execute on, PEAK6 multi-channel marketing programs across: content development, public relations, digital and email marketing, events, and social media
- Help manage all digital, print and marketing communication assets for the firm, including the website, social media, intranet, and collateral.
- Build-out infrastructure and mar-tech stack as needed to help company achieve goals and drive efficiencies across portfolio companies.
- Partner with the PEAK6 Recruiting team to deliver events with new ideas and approaches to reach PEAK6 objectives.
- Partner with PEAK6 HR and senior management to define culture and encourage employee engagement with tailored communications and events.
- Track benchmarks for marketing attribution and success including relevant dashboards and key performance metrics.
- Work alongside PEAK6 leadership to grow PEAK6 profile.
- Collaborate with marketing peers at other PEAK6 Investments firms to share resources, identify best practices and find efficiencies.
- 10+ years of relevant marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated tactical abilities who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ambitious and proactive, gets things done rather than relying solely on others to get things done.
- A passion for helping startups tell their story.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work under pressure and proactively manage workload.
- Proven experience developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns and programs.
- Hands-on self-starter who can lead and execute multiple marketing initiatives independently.
- Comfortable functioning in both leadership and contributor capacities to ensure maximum effectiveness and momentum.
- Proven team and project management skills enabling you to balance multiple deadlines to deliver campaign objectives.
- Strong understanding of content and PR.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written content across a variety of formats (print, web media, presentations)Event strategy and execution experience.
- Experience in the financial/venture capital/startup industries is preferred but not necessary.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Director of Marketing you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
- Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture.