Director of Marketing
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
We’re looking for an experienced marketing professional to own Kin’s marketing efforts through a variety of channels. You’ll work side by side our sales leaders and COO to help generate strong customer leads, manage our paid search efforts, craft direct mail, determine and manage to company KPI’s, as well as set and run the strategy and tactical direction for our marketing efforts.
You should enjoy the data side of marketing, always looking to optimize results. While a bit of creativity is required for this role, we reply on data, paid search, and performance marketing to drive results. Kin is changing the way customers find and obtain insurance, help us continue to grow our customer base and change an entire industry!
A day in the life could include:
- Researching and recommending new channel avenues
- Building and executing a plan for additional state and product roll outs
- Optimizing budget and acquisition costs
- Building and running the media budgeting and strategic planning
- Attribution modeling
- Being the owner of our brand and user voice
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years experience with direct channel management
- Experience in a startup environment or fast growing company, ideal
- Experience with direct new channel discovery LPO experienceNew campaign development
- Management of $10mm marketing portfolio or greater
- Analytical - you can put together reports and make recommendations based on findings.
- Comfortable with tools such as SQL, Excel, Looker
- Able to set up experimentation design and evaluation
- Experience with business to consumer marketing
Additional experiences that would be helpful but are not required:
- Work experience in a highly regulated industry (insurance, health, finance, etc)
- High LTV product sales
- New product launch experience
- Agency management
- PR management
- UX Research
- Direct mail test design
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered
- Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
- Commuter Benefit Plans
- Flexible PTO
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership
- Company provided lunch several times a month
- Rotating option of snacks, daily
- Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
- These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description