Director of Marketing
About the Company
At Otus, a fast-growing EdTech company based at 1K Fulton in the West Loop of Chicago, you will work with people passionate about improving the lives of teachers and students. We are a group of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. We love our work and strive to do our best each day.
On our team, you will find musicians, beer enthusiasts, designer toy collectors, table tennis fanatics, and more.
We are seeking a motivated and talented marketing director. You will work with our COO, our business development and sales team, and our creative talent to elevate our content marketing and branding strategy to the next level. This role reports to our Chief Operating Officer.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Build and implement a marketing plan to support our product and service offerings
- Develop compelling product messaging & positioning, competitive differentiation, & storylines through collateral, content, training materials, visually compelling pitch decks, & other sales playbooks/tools
- Help refine the company’s product positioning and messaging across core offerings
- Improve and refine product/solution descriptions and positioning on the company’s website
- Research, package & deliver competitive intel and market trends for the sales team
- Create and execute an annual product marketing plan
- Manage all content creation, website, campaigns, branded, social and more
- Serve as a strategic partner for the Sales team; providing marketing guidance and concepts to win prospective school districts
- Has led and/or built a team of marketing professionals
- Strong storytelling skills with a love of messaging and positioning
- Natural leader; ability to provide vision to cross-functional teams
- Has experience at a SaaS company
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Charismatic, high impact presentation abilities
- Positive, can-do, involved in the details attitude
- Works independently with little direction
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements and new ideas
- Patience to deal with complex issues and a variety of personalities
- Motivation and desire to help others
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be based in Chicagoland area
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an Interest Day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.