Director, Product Marketing, Software
Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Director, Product Marketing for our Software Product Marketing team who deeply understands how the financial industry is digitally transforming their businesses to better serve their customers, to drive scale and efficiency, and deliver stronger financial outcomes for investors. He/she can translate the sophisticated technical capabilities of our investment analysis platforms into clear benefits for asset managers, financial advisors, and the clients they serve.
In partnership with our product management, sales and support teams, you’ll be responsible for crafting the go-to-market strategy, positioning, messaging, competitive analysis, and sales enablement materials to deliver business growth. You will collaborate with cross-functional marketing teams to develop, execute, and optimize multi-channel campaigns to launch new products, drive demand, generate leads, and influence sales pipeline for our portfolio of software products. Impact will be measured by increased opportunity and closed business conversion rates, shortened sales cycles, and market share growth over time. This role reports to the Head of Product Marketing, Software and collaborates closely with global counterparts for major product launches.
- Deeply understand our buyers and the investor clients they serve. Whom they are, what their aspirations are, what their pains are, whom they trust for information, where they get it and how they prefer to buy software.
- Lead and coach cross-functional teams focused on bringing new products to market and expanding existing businesses.
- Craft the segmentation, positioning, messaging and competitive analysis for successful go-to-market plans.
- Partner with our market research and product management teams to develop the research agenda for ascertaining gaps in the market, helping to drive new product development, packaging, pricing, positioning and messaging.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, sales, and support teams to design, execute, and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns to generate demand and drive new client acquisition.
- Develop sales enablement and client-facing assets to clearly define the benefits of Morningstar’s multi-product and solution portfolio for financial advisors, wealth management and asset management firms.
- Interact with clients in the development of testimonials and other materials to support marketing programs and enrich sales materials.
- Measure, analyze, and report on the success of product marketing programs quarterly and as requested with executive stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals.
- Engage with clients and prospects at industry events and in sales cycles as a subject matter expert.
- Brief industry analysts and press as necessary to support new product launches and to keep Morningstar’s innovation top of mind.
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in SaaS or software/technology firms.
- Track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams to develop and execute go-to-market strategies and multi-channel marketing programs helping coach them to their full potential and driving a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Excellent presentation skills to all types of audiences, including executive leadership, clients, and partners.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action.
- Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
- Previous experience partnering closely with sales teams to deliver sales enablement assets/training and having accountability for influencing sales pipeline development and participating in client engagements.
- Financial services software experience a plus.
- Certifications and/or experience working in an Agile environment and using Jira, Eloqua, Adobe Experience Manager, Tableau, Google Analytics, On24, wikis, and Yammer, or similar.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.