Director of Product Marketing
Unique opportunity with a mobile marketing leader
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes delivers mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Lane Bryant, Home Depot, Pet Smart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes is seeking Director, Product Marketing to help drive growth of our current and future product portfolio. This critical leadership role will be responsible for championing our product go-to-market strategies and guiding our new business growth during the next phase of our exciting and critical chapter in Vibes’ growth and success. The ideal candidate will have a strong product marketing acumen, be entrepreneurial in spirit, can translate technical product understanding into business value, and has experience managing SaaS solutions aimed at marketers.
This position reports into the Chief Marketing Officer and will be located in Chicago.
- Define and own the go-to-market strategy for our products and solutions
- Develop and own product positioning and messaging that differentiates Vibes’ products in the market
- Create compelling marketing content that accelerates new business opportunities throughout the marketing funnel
- Work closely with demand generation to identity opportunities for lead generation
- Create unique, compelling, and differentiated marketing content including case studies, data sheets, white papers, videos, FAQs, etc.
- Work closely with marketing and sales leadership to guide the product and market strategy
- Develop effective sales training materials and work with Sales Team to inspire, motivate, and ultimately close deals
- Be a thought leader for mobile marketing and engagement, driving compelling presentations and customer-facing content
- Plan the launch of new products and releases, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Be the expert on Vibes’ buyers, how they buy, their buying criteria, and on our competitive landscape
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or related field; MBA preferred
- 7+ years experience in product marketing; 4+ years in digital and/or SaaS
- Proven track record creating strategic value across the product marketing function
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing space
- Former responsibility in Product Management or Product Marketing highly preferred
- Understanding of best practices across marketing, product strategy and strategic product marketing
- Passion for storytelling and for taking the complex and making it simple
- Experience in creating visual marketing content, presentations, etc.
- Experience developing and launching new products in partnership with Product, Engineering & Sales
- Proven history of managing marketing, sales, marketing, and development processes
- Must be forward thinking and customer facing
- Driven by our core values: teamwork, continuous learning, adaptability, and quality
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong results-orientation and metrics driven
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
- Understanding of the big picture and can execute, measure, iterate and optimize tactically
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated success presenting to Senior Leadership
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial style – one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of their functional responsibility
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple groups at a global level
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects
Our Core Values:
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.