Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
As Reverb’s Director of Retention Marketing, you’ll drive our retention marketing strategy as a leader on our growth team. You’ll be responsible for Reverb’s lifecycle marketing across multiple channels and mentor our email marketing team. You’ll use your analytical abilities to develop testing and measurement plans and work closely with our product marketing, product, data analytics and data science teams to design experiments and improve buyer and seller revenue, retention, loyalty and LTV.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute successful retention marketing strategies, including lifecycle / journey marketing across, email, push as well as paid marketing channels in the US and internationally.
- Create a test and learn culture with a strong emphasis on data and analytics, as you manage and mentor email marketing and growth team members.
- Be responsible for improving key retention metrics, such as repeat buyer GMV, LTV and purchase frequency, while collaborating closely with the product organization on user segmentation, audience analysis and personalization experimentation.
- Own channel level metrics for email, push, direct mail and collaborate with product marketing team on customer research.
- Serve as a team expert in martech / marketing automation tools; manage vendor relationships and evaluate vendor offerings to ensure the right marketing technology stack is in place to continue scaling the business quickly.
- Build a comprehensive and scalable loyalty program for both buyers and sellers on the platform.
- BA / BS degree in marketing, business or a related field.
- 7-10 years of B2C marketing experience, including expertise in lifecycle marketing, email marketing and digital marketing; retail, e-commerce or marketplace experience preferred.
- Proven experience in retention marketing, including developing customer segmentation strategies and journey marketing programs as well as building data-driven retention teams.
- Experience working in a growth role or on a growth team with a focus on user retention metrics, such as LTV, purchase frequency and churn reduction.
- Fluency with data and analytics, including creation of testing and measurement plans; ability to collaborate with product, data analytics and data science teams.
- Expertise in loyalty program creation and management.
- Experience with vendor management, RFPs, vendor selection, and migration. Experience with leading CRM, marketing automation, email, CDP and BI tools.
- Knowledge of musical instruments and music gear strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The position is based in our American HQ in Chicago, IL and requires occasional travel.
What you’ll get:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.