Email Marketing Specialist at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will be the subject matter expert for all things email. The incumbent will develop test plans for email campaigns, including creative tests, subject line tests, and similar; manage email campaigns and adjust timing, messaging, etc. based on performance; build emails in marketing automation tool; create reports on email performance; advise on performance of emails, audiences, tests; perform QA on emails, links and forms; advises on and implements best practices; and builds and executes email campaigns. General direction is received from the Manager, Creative and Brand Development.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Create emails and associated journey maps within marketing automation tool
- Make edits to email design (CTA buttons, copy placement, etc.) based on email performance
- Create email templates for operational emails, product marketing emails, alerts, etc.; ensure brand guidelines are applied throughout
- Optimize creative based on email performance
- Drive and optimize key traffic and revenue metrics including CTR, open rates, incremental revenue lift, engagement and retention
- Create test plans to A/B test copy, subject lines, creative, etc.; report on findings in order to drive continuous improvement
- Test time of day, audience segmentation, etc. and adjust email campaigns according to performance, on an ongoing basis
- Test new features such as Gmail promo tab, personalization, interactive emails, videos, etc. and come up with plan to apply learnings to future campaigns
- Troubleshoot issues with email templates, deliverability, etc.
- Before deployment, work with creative team and Marketing Automation Specialist to test journey maps, links, personalization, etc.
- Review industry benchmarks and sets KPIs and goals for Alliant email campaigns based on industry standards and previous Alliant performance
Other duties as assigned
- Keeps up to date on email best practices, work with marketing team to adjust Alliant emails accordingly
- Manage email list health to maintain strong deliverability
- Work with Alliant marketing team to prioritize email campaigns so those can be communicated to appropriate stakeholders
- Apply email best practices
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of aBachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design or related field, required, and you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in email marketing/marketing automation
- Proven expertise using marketing automation platforms like Marketo, Selligent, HubSpot, Eloqua, etc. to develop automated email campaigns that convert leads to sales
- Experience with email testing tools such as Litmus
- Proven experience testing emails, and applying learnings, to optimize email performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of email best practices and CAN-SPAM requirements
- Proficient in HTML and CSS
- Understanding of digital marketing space
- Proven track record of solving problems with a team
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Experience working in a regulated industry preferred
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off