Email Marketing Specialist at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Email Specialist is responsible for executing email operations at ShopRunner, cumulating in 1B+ sends annually. This person has 2+ years of hands-on B2C experience working in enterprise Email Service Providers (ExactTarget, Responsys, etc) and will take on a role with a robust career trajectory in a fast-paced start-up with a get-it-done attitude. This person understands the ill effects of a mass blast mentality and will implement a targeting strategy to retain and grow the user base. As such, they have experience in creating customer segmentation using user attributes and behavioral data. They know how to create both accurate analytical reports on email performance as well as make testing hypotheses. They work well with visual designers and other marketing stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Maintain a calendar of 3-4 mass deployments per day for 140+ retailers
- Accountable for the functionality and accuracy of all deployments via our ESP, Iterable
- Create campaigns for non-email messaging channels like Push, Browser Notifications, and SMS
- Execute a multivariate testing roadmap
- Coordinate timelines with design, and retailer representatives
- Identifying and troubleshooting bugs like a slow deployment, broken link, users
- Support the product team in new launches that require email
- The ability to view visual and product designs with a critical eye and provide feedback grounded in design principles and user experience
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2+ years of hands-on B2C experience in an enterprise Email Service Provider
- Ability to create unique customer segmentations
- Experience in A/B testing
- Expertise in email best practices
- Extreme attention to detail: customer journey logic, audience targeting, typos, pixelation
NICE TO HAVE:
- Background in ecommerce or tech
- Front-end email development experience (HTML, CSS, dynamic content)
- An email-related certification with an ESP
- Experience in non-email messaging channels (Push/SMS/Browser Notifications)
- Experience working with Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Looker)
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.